• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WHAT'S the answer. Guys I need some help.

mslogr

Gotta a quick ? 7155 cat trans oil or trans fluid? Mine seems to not want to shift right first thing in the morn. It acts like it is in a high gear no matter what gear you select, when it does this it will not go into reverse. After it runs for a while it does great. It has oil in it from the military thats why I was asking. Need all the suggestions I can get. Oh yeah I use it to pull loaded trailers out for my road trucks, so with the 920's extra weight she's grossing 100,000 or better per load. That thing doesn't even hesitate on soft ground. Love the trans. Just got to get the bugs out of it. Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My suggestion would be this issue is compressed air related. Any way to send some lube through the compressed air supply line to possibly free up some sticking pistons? I hope this is not a bad idea.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
On that transmission you need to have the air pressure over 100 psi before you even think about putting it in gear.....when you charge the air brakes on a trailer you lose a lot of air sometimes.

Let her build up as far as she will go before charging the trailer or putting it in gear. If the air pressure drops below 80 psi the CAT will kick into neutral. Bad news going down hill with a load on.

mslogr

I got that one wreckerman we are able to keep the air at least 120#s. The problem seems to be when its cool first thing in the morn. Once it warms up a little no problem.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to back down to a 15-30 wonder if that would help. When warming it up there is 5 gal. of oil in there are you giving her a 5 min warm up.
For a faster warm up when you have air pressure have trans in neutral and push in the slector lock out button and let idle this will limber the oil faster.

mslogr

Yeah I've let her idle for 30 min and still didn't act right. Once you get her in a gear and drive a little ways it does fine. I beleive yall are right about the warm up. I'm gonna check on those heaters TATICAL TRUCK was mentioning, if that don't get it will probably thin down the oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks