• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MB/GPW vs WC

kiltedguard

So I've been tossing around the idea of picking up either a "Jeep" or a Dodge M series WWII weapons carrier. Here is my line of though. I want to spend no more than 12k on a pretty much finished jeep or not more than 15k on a similar condition WC.

Here are some of my considerations....

I can't haul the WC. So I'll be driving it across the state (PA) to get it where I want to get it. (reliability?)

The Jeep I can haul behind my suv.

I'm unsure as to the availability of parts comparatively.

I'm sure there are some more considerations that I should be looking at. Help me out guys.

:tin hat:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The WC is a slow vehicle. Plan on a cruise speed of about 35MPH. Parts are not to hard to find but more diffiuclt than a jeep.

Milbikes

How tall are you? Sit in a Jeep for a while before buying one. I love them, but at 6'3" tall, my line of sight is at the top of the windshield frame. So, I cannot drive one and see safely unless I curve my back and put my head down. Not a comfortable way to drive. My WC56 has plenty of headroom for me (with the sagged seat I have) but is somewhat tight on leg room. Jeep or WC, both are slow on the road by today's standards. Try sitting in an example of whatever you want to buy before you buy it. An M37 may be more spacious (I don't have one), and an M715 will have plenty of room. H.

Thunder in NWOR

My son and I put 5200 miles on our WC56 last year (drove coast to coast) and another 1500 this year. The Command Car likes and runs easily at 45 (but I've never had it above 51). Upside is that they are more comfortable (its ALL RELATIVE) than jeeps, easy to work on and parts are readily available - but so are they for WW2 Jeeps. We average 10.0 MPG.

I am over 6-3 and 275 lbs. Driving a jeep is painful for me (and getting in and out difficult).

WW2 Dodges are to jeeps what Deuces are to ton and a half Chevs.

Just my opinion - Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks