• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive 14hrs to Ga? Sure, let me do some PMCS

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wanted to make sure I could drive some trails, but the pinion was bad in my front axle. HMMMMM what should I do?

Fix it?rofl

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now thats how you pull the front axle.
Nice work
Pulled the front axle heck, he left the front axle and pulled the rest of the truck! Reminds me of Joseph (Westfolk) when he does a transfer case. He stands it up on blocks and lower the truck around it with one of his "He Man" excavators!

Gimpy just won't listen. I tried to tell him spending that pittance of cash on the wrecker was a waste of money!

gimpyrobb

Why not just lay her on her side for easy access and fix the rascal?rofl

Well, I tried that first. For some reason, the axle wouldn't come out. That dirt in there is from the one year old axle boot that ripped open 4 months ago! Someone needs to make a danged axle boot worth a darn! I pressure washed the housing and will be putting the new(used) center chunk in tomorrow morning. Then new seals re-pack bearings, new wheel cyls, brake pads, etc. Hope to be ready for Tuesday's noon departure schedule. Still need to pick up trailers and fuel and pack some beer.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to do boots on mine in the worst way. Working 14 hr days right up to the same day I leave. Crap, gotta steal some time somewhere!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like there is always a wrecker in Gimp photos.......I wonder why.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love how you guys chose a state park to do this in.

gimpyrobb

Thats one of Crusher's neighbors Spencer. He just got off work and knew what I was doing. Stopped by for moral support and to let me know he had some "fuel" for me. Be careful, he is a member here, just doesn't own a truck... YET!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpy, are you bringing a tote with fuel? I have my truck topped off, 100 gallon transfer tank topped off and 55 gallons in Jerry cans. Leaving with 205 gallons. Was going to put the M275A2 tank across the front of the bed but ran short on time.

gimpyrobb

Looks like it. I really would like to get my 200gal fuel tank installed sometime, but doubt it will happen for this trip.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put my transfer tank in where the welder was on the SECM trailer. It fits like a glove! Dam cool! Get that thing back together tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks