• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final plans for the 2006 Haspin Rally

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK gang, we have 9 days left until Haspin '06!!

We need to start making final plans about who's bringing what vehicles, food, campground accessories, friends, relatives, etc...

I am planning on getting to Haspin around noon on Friday the 14th. I will be hauling the Mog in for it's second attempt on the monster hole. Hopefully I will have the portal box put back together in time :evil: I have a fresh rebuilt carb on it too so hopefully the flooding and crap I had last year will be cured. I will be bringing my brother, Chad, who will riding shotgun in the Mog. I will have a full assortment of tools and spare fluids with me. We will be bringing a lantern, single burner camp stove, tent, cooler full of Reeb and Gatorade, some jugs of drinkin water, hot dogs, buns, chips, pop-tarts, first-aid kit, bug spray, glad-hand air hose, etc... I'll add more to the list as we think of it.

Can someone bring a grill? How about a shelter? Firewood? Burgers?

The t-shirts should be in the end of this week. I'll bring them all to the Rally. I'll post a pic of one when they come in.

Post up guys! Don't miss the fun!!

Attachments

fredrader

I'll be bringing the M715,grill,meat ,water,cooler etc...Chris will probably one of his fleet..Deuce,M715,M725 or maby the Cherokee..
Oh I miss my deuce..Maby ojsdna will bring it down and play.. :)

Hookin1

I'll be bringing the duece and my 105.....also as many coolers and ice i can bring and chips and stuff....also is there a good place i can unload a generator out of the back of my duece :) i'll need somebody to pull it with there blazer or something....it's a 25 kw whisperquite so make sure you all bring extension cords :) it's on a trailer chassis so i'll need some help getting it out of the truck.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying for the 13th! Thinking late afternoon. Bringing Deuce, Jeep, camper, 5k generator, food, tools, and a beer drinking buddy. No grill or firewood, no room left! Will try find a decent area, hopefully out of the way of any midnight ATV riders. Working my butt off getting ready!
Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hookin1 said:
I'll be bringing the duece and my 105.....also as many coolers and ice i can bring and chips and stuff....also is there a good place i can unload a generator out of the back of my duece :) i'll need somebody to pull it with there blazer or something....it's a 25 kw whisperquite so make sure you all bring extension cords :) it's on a trailer chassis so i'll need some help getting it out of the truck.
Sweet genset! We can back your deuce up against a hillside and use the Mog or one of the 715s to pull it out for you. Between you and Stretch, we'll have enough power to light and cool the whole camp!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have my 12 foot ramps, could come in handy for unloading your genset.
Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ramps will work well too! I should have the portal box on the Mog back together tonight. I just talked to my brother this morning. He will be heading up to Franklin tomorrow afternoon where we will load the Mog up on the trailer and head out. Thanks to Lance, we'll be bringing a drop cord and a fan for the tent. You're awesome man.

The t-shirts are in. I am going to pick those up this afternoon and will post a pic tonight. I got one for everyone who posted in the t-shirt thread, plus about 10 extras for anyone else who would want one. The extras will be sold in the upcoming SS Webstore.

Stan

Hey, there. I only recently registered but have been evesdropping for a while,and have picked up some good info. I'm interested in attending the rally.Would like to drive my m35 and haul an m38. I was concerned about a way to unload at the site. Ramps have been mentioned would they be available and adquete for this? Thanks

fredrader

Stan said:
Hey, there. I only recently registered but have been evesdropping for a while,and have picked up some good info. I'm interested in attending the rally.Would like to drive my m35 and haul an m38. I was concerned about a way to unload at the site. Ramps have been mentioned would they be available and adquete for this? Thanks
Cool,Bring it and elohim1 will have his ramps if you need em..He is bringing his M35 and jeep in the back..See ya there..

Stan

Thanks, sounds good on the ramps. Hope to be there midday on Friday. I can bring firewood if needed? Anything else? If available I' m interested in a couple t' shirts.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Stan,
Glad to have you coming to the Rally. The more the merrier and I can't think of a better way for a new guy to meet a bunch of the members! Firewood will be much appreciated. We'll get your M38 unloaded no problem. Chris and Fred are skilled at getting things in and out of their deuces. I will reserve a couple of t-shirts for you. Please let me know what size(s) you would like in advance. See you Friday!!
Chris

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I am on my way there. Should be there about 6:00 tonight. I PM'd my cell #, I will try to post tonight on camp location or give me a call.

Dennis

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made it here! Camped at the pavilion, by pond. Turn right into campground when entering, I will be on your left, at the bottom of the hill.
Old camper is setting there. Should have it roped off tomorrow.
Dennis

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks