• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member MV

kurtb

Hi,

Just signed up as a new member a few days ago after being a lurker for a month or so.
My son and I are interested in purchasing a Deuce when the right one and price comes around.
The photo is of a 1963, Series IIA, 109", Land Rover I purchased while I wqas living in the UK. It was originally ordered by the British MOD. The truck was later surplused(sp?) and I am the third civie owner. THe orginal paint was LR Mid Grey. The Owner before me painted it a trashy Camo. I since painted a LR Bronze Green and LR Limestone.
Back to the Deuce. I paid a visit to Jack's Gov't surplus this past weekend and he had quite a few Deuce's parked in several yards ( among other MV vehicles).
Jack is asking $7500 for a deuce + $750 for a hard top,+$1500 for a winch. Will replace tires and batteries as needed. Of course the trucks are AZ titled
Any thoughts?

BTW, Can you Title a MV in AZ with just a Bill of Sale?

Thanks

Attachments

Knucklehead

Nice Land Rover! The Deuce price is on the high side, but if they are in super nice AZ shape they may be a bargain in the long run. I was in AZ a few years ago and saw some AZ NG trucks for sale at a yard and I was amazed at the condition. I am used to the rust buckets up here in the northeast. Those trucks were the cleanest surplus ones that I had ever seen. Compare them to some others from different areas, then make your decision.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks