• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1962 Swiss Unimog (gasoline) Price?

EdMontana

I friend mine want to trade his Unimog with my 92 Komatsu Dozer (worth $14K~$15K) that I am not using at all.

His Unimog is a 1962 Swiss Military (gas) all original and working (need new tires), also he said that has many spare parts for it. It is titled in TN now but it still in FL (he's moving to TN).

I asked him for more details and he will get back to me on that.

he said it looks exactly like this one in the pic (the photo is another one for sale in FL for $15K) (OPPS, I GUESS THE SITE IS DOWN TO UPLOAD PICS)

How much is the ongoing price for those? Is there anyone buying them?...Sorry, I know nothing about Unimogs, tanks for any help!

Ed

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$15k sounds like about 50% more than a nice gas Mog should be worth.

The Swiss ones are usually in better shape than other users because their maintenance was meticulous, they don't salt their roads there in winter, and most of the vehicles were stored inside during their service life.
That said, most of them were auctioned off several years ago, so how it was treated here will be a factor in it's current condition.

Cheers

Last edited:

maynard83

Without looking at it and knowing exactly what spares he is talking about, I would agree that his asking price is too high. If you can post more info and photos that would help.
In the end, something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and only that person can determine that.

bratpackdad

I would not sell or trade the Komatsu; it has more value today and will hold its value longer even if you don't use it again. Keep it maintained and sit on it; when the economy comes back you will be able to sell it for more than you think its worth. 2cents

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would venture the private party pricing of a drivable, medium condition Unimog 404 in a price range of $5k to $9k. Bought from a business can add another $5k.

Your mileage may vary.

Rick

EdMontana

thanks for all that replied, guess he will need come up with some cash and the Unimog if he wants my Komatsu.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks