• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemitt vs. MTV

PFC Soto

My unit had sent our Hemitt wrecker for service and we never got it back! We got a MTV Wrecker instead!

So far i'm not happy with it. The hemitt is stronger and that MTV stinger is a PITA.

The MTV can't even tow another MTV!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your unit got screwed... Does the Co Supply SGT know about this? The CO who is signed for everything? the PBO? I'd be worried if I was a hand receipt holder..

rat4spd

My unit had sent our Hemitt wrecker for service and we never got it back! We got a MTV Wrecker instead!

So far i'm not happy with it. The hemitt is stronger and that MTV stinger is a PITA.

The MTV can't even tow another MTV!
Are you saying the FMTV wrecker can't haul an LMTV or another FMTV?

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Those are two way diff. trucks. Like like saying a M818 cant keep up hauling with a M123. I wouldn't expect it to do much , the LMTV/FMTV trucks are crappy in my opinion. And I have driving both wreckers and trucks your talking about so I'm not looking at data sheets or reading in a book so I know where your coming from.

rat4spd

Yep, we have one of those. But he's flat out saying it can't tow another FMTV, not that it does it poorly compared to a hemtt.

Personally I haven't been in an MV that really impresses me, although one of our members apocalyptic HET looking truck is impressive. AC is nice in the uparmoured LMTV's.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the risk of starting a flame war here, is it just me or do all the new trucks have to look like a piece of Euro crap?

That is a great pic. Anyone want to take a stab at why it is a great pic? Hint: It's on the far left side of the pic.

sw

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just looking at the pic., Id say it would be real hard to any medium to heavy recovery, two short, to light up front, so with ALL the weight off the rear, this would make a problem

Chief_919

What worries me is that my section sgt. said the hemitt is getting "Phased" out.

I don't know if it's true or not.
He is wrong.

They are ugrading to the A4 series HEMTT, but the line is not going anywhere.

Your MTOE may have changed to give you the MTV. What kind of unit is it?

joeM62

Your Sgt. almost sounds like the Army Sgt. I had talked to that said they were getting reid of their M900 wrecker to get the 7ton oshsk wrecker that Marines are using. I think the Sgt's are getting missed informed.

Stalwart

I'd buy my HEMTT again in a second, nicest Mil. truck I've ever driven. If I could only have one MV, it would be very hard for me to choose between the Scorpion Tank and the HEMTT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks