• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1951 M38 Off/On Switch Diagram Needed

scvscot

Hi, I'm a nuby to this site, but find it very helpful already. I have recently purchased a 1951 M38 and right now it has a civilian starter switch with a key. To start it now, you have to simultaneously push in the foot starter button and turn the key, which is a real pain. What I did to fix this is to buy a correct OFF/ON Switch from ebay, but am having trouble changing it out to original switch, can anyone supply a diagram for me to follow, and hopefully get rid of some of this incorrect items, such as does it need a solanoid if it is a direct fut push starter? any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, hope to post some pics soon! Thanks

CGarbee

It's pretty simple, but I'd have to stick my head under the dash of mine to tell you how it all hooks up, and my '51 is currently on a movie set in VA...
The starter is a direct foot push. The electrical switch turns on the juice for the instrument cluster, lights, and the power feed to the distributor.

A diagram (for the late M38, but it should be close enough to be useful to you) is located on the M38 website at:
http://willysmjeeps.com/downloads/M38wirecolored.jpg

You may want to consider getting the CD ROM from Military Media that has the 1/4 tons on it as it has all the M38 manuals on it...and some other useful info.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks