• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHOCK those tires!!

dragonwagon

Iv heard the stories of wind catching the tarp and pushing a truck to start it up . We are having winds at 60 mph , yesterday i was going to put my tarp on and happened to think of those stories . I figured id wait a day or two :mrgreen:

dirtyfingernails

When I was in the military, we would occasionally have a gama goat start on it's own in the motor pool. I've heard stories of engines starting on their own as they heated up in the sun during the winter. Whether this is actually true or not I don't know.

HoookerDub01

My Dad has had people pull Chocks out from his truck and watch it roll down hill and hit something. When everything was said done and over with he had to pay for everything. That was with his AM GENERAL M818.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a locomotive do that, scary part was, everything was off, shouldn't have been possible for it to start, but it sure did! I've had railroad cars just start rolling away on me too, even ridden one runaway group of MOW equipment!

My mom was backing a pickup and a boat trailer into the lake, with my dad trying to direct from in the boat on the water, finally she gets mad and jumps out of the truck, only to have it start rolling into the lake! she just managed to hit the parking brake as the rear of the cab enters the water!

Always chock and check your parking breaks!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a locomotive do that, scary part was, everything was off, shouldn't have been possible for it to start, but it sure did! I've had railroad cars just start rolling away on me too, even ridden one runaway group of MOW equipment!
That sucks when you pull the pin and next thing you know the car is rolling away from you:mad:. To make it worse the brakewheel is on the opposite end you're making the cut on. Start-a-runnin'....

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If that guy had set his brakes the truck wouldn't have rolled! I see that a lot in truck stops. i see drivers get out of there trucks to look where they are backing and don't set there brakes. its just stupid!!!!!

Flyingvan911

My deuce is parked on a slight down hill slope. I have a large wheel chock on each side of the tire and big rocks behind the duals so the truck can't roll. I tranny is always in neutral with the park brake on.

davidkroberts

When I was in the military, we would occasionally have a gama goat start on it's own in the motor pool. I've heard stories of engines starting on their own as they heated up in the sun during the winter. Whether this is actually true or not I don't know.

never heard that one but after owning one it doesnt surprise me. I have found that gama goats not starting at all is much more common.

gunboy1656

Years ago, I was told of an M939 that got away from the driver as he was trying to get the chocks out of the bed. rolled down a hill and flattened a picnic pavilion. OOPS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks