• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian crew cab

pitbull

Hi there,
A friend of mine recently purchased a 1980 Dodge that we believe is an ex-army vehicle. We searched the web but we're unable to find any info on this style truck. it is a 4 door, short box, 3/4ton, 318,4spd.,np205,dana60,dana70. pretty stout for a 3/4ton! it doesn't appear to have ever had blackout lights however the original paint is definetly olive drab. Anybody have any info on what these may have been used for? Thanks,Dustin

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good portion of the M880s didn't have blackout lights either. It was probably owned by the Army but a standard commercial vehicle none the less. Sounds like a nice find though, wished it were mine!

m108

I have a 1981 4 door with a short box, Dana 60 front and rear, NP205, and 727 that belonged to the air force originally. I haven"t been able to find much on them.

Elwenil

There are a lot of those trucks out there but they are not considered to be a true "Military Vehicle" as far as the tactical style trucks we commonly think of as being MVs. With no data plates or M-series number they don't get the same respect I guess, lol. They are simply regular civilian vehicles the US Government ordered as fleet vehicles for use with base maintenance and other similar uses. Much like the hoards of civilian cars and trucks that pop up on GL. Everything from 1 ton delivery van style trucks to 4 door sedans. A lot of the trucks get painted military colors but some don't. I know of a few of the Dodge 4 door trucks that are painted a dark blue and were, I believe, used by the USAF. Others I have seen OD green and even camouflaged. I have seen later models of Chevrolet 4 door trucks and Suburbans in use in MV colors also.

dilvoy

I have a truck just like M109, but I thought mine had a NP 203 transfer case. I have never dirven my truck other than to drive it home. It is a future project. I will have to check on the T case soon though or I won't sleep easy. As Elwenil said, it was an USAF truck and is that dark blue color. Mine has a 318 engine and I bought it from Lemore NAS. It was used on base as tug for the scrap metal trailer. It has fairly large white stenciled letters on the front fendres saying "SCRAP METAL" It had some sort of home made hitch to probably tow some sort of home made trailer or more likley a dumpster with wheels. I bet the kids on the base laughed and threw stones when it passed by. Poor thing. :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks