• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Finalizing a sale with a member here today on his jeep that was posted.
Working with this member has been very professional and I wish to thank him for that. Thanks Doghead.

Before you start on me - I will get pics next week when other objects are not in sight in the shot.

I have been reading the posts on the jeep and getting a little insight to what to expect for "hidden" unknown problems that previous members have ran into when working on these - and these have been very helpful - so thank you for posting this info.

It is less expensive to have the units transported here than going to go fetch them - and if all works out good they should be rolling into this area end of next week.

Hope to do these pieces of machinery both justice while working on them and the units are NOT for me - after the Ga Rally my wife was excited from all the folks we met - their comradre - MdMorganGF and her handling of the equipment and riding with her - she wanted her own OD. The second unit I am giving to Dinger65 and will be working on getting this one back together for him as well.

Headed home after work here shortly and start gutting the two stall garage out - cleaning up all the equip after building the 2 109's.

Thanks again to DH for working with me on this from our long distance locations and also to previous members who posted such vital info to help bring these back to life.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Zout, I appreciate your kind words, and surely it would not be as easy without you at the other end of the deal.

I am very pleased that I am sending this old jeep off to someone who can give it the work and attention it deserves.

I look forward to following the restoration and I really hope your wife enjoys it when it's done.

My dog will be sad to see it go, look at that sad face...

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Zout, pm me when you get it home. I'll come by your AO one night after work and split a drink with you and talk shop.

zout

Pis* on it - I am here to stay.

PB - DH musta been hosing you - I got it for $25 delivered PLUS a second jeep to go with it for free.

Recovery - it is an M38A1 and a partical CJ5

Clinto - they are getting dropped off at work so I can use the big dog hot water pressure washer on them and clean them up top to bottom before I stick them in the garage. I know you have one and the input would be appreciated whenever you wish to give up the "little"secrets. Plus your Crown is still here waiting for you for going on over a year now.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, they're on their way South....

Originally I loaded the jeeps into 2 trucks and had planned to roll them off the trucks and into/onto a tractor trailer. Plans changed a bit so we set them back on the ground and just rolled them up the ramps of the smaller trailer that arrived today.

The dog was kinda sad to see them go.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Thanks again DH - outside of the broker switching what type of rig he was sending for a pickup it worked out very well.

DH had some extra time because of the above - and found another unit in the area with a hotshot rig was the reason (some of it was mine because I wanted to save some $ on mileage)

Again - very professional sale and dealing with DH - as long as he does not soon put an M37 up for sale I am safe.

Gonna get these pressure washed and get them in the very cleaned out garage for their new home for a while. Oh Yeah - you know me and my pics.

I did not know it DH wanted other views besides the jeeps in the pics and I appreciate him posting what he wanted.
:jumpin::jumpin:new project

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already blamed PB.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I accept full responsibility!!!

BUT...I am NOT the one that leaves that poor doggie out in the cold...and then sells it's jeep....and then lies about it...and then...

Oh...never mind. If I stick up for the dog too much DH might pull a hndersonj on me and the dog will be on my door step.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB, no more stray dogs but we do have two cats I'd be glad to get rid of.:D

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: I think that means he wants a gray one

zout

Actually the first photo is an illusion - that is the JEEP the dog is sitting on covered with snow - DH has one huge fricking dog - that dog was protecting its property. There is still signs of hair on the very top of the seat where the dog was stuck to it on the mound :arrow:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
855 pound black lab and 100 year old oak trees behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks