• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howdy, fng here

walton99

Hey guys, I'm new around here and just wanted to say Hi, I just purchased a M105 E3 to tow behind my Jeep for camping and random parts trips. If anyone knows any good parts outlets for on of these I'd greatly appreciate it, as yall can tell she sits a little tongue low and I'd like to flip the pintle hook around to gain those 4" of tongue height but I'm not sure if that piece will come off without a fight and I might end up needing a new one. Thanks

:D

devilman96

Great trailers... Ya gotta get something green in front of it though!!!

Scroll up and click the search link at the top of this page, there are a billion parts vendors mentioned in here... Also update your profile and put your location in the signature so we know where you are.

mangus580

Also, for flipping your hitch...

Soak the nut in penetrating oil for a few days (or more), then heat it with a torch. (apply more oil while hot, be careful not to start a fire ;-) ) Loosen nut.... and use a hammer on the ring, to tap the hitch loose. Its tapered, so once it comes, it should pop right out.

Take your time, you shouldnt have any trouble :)

rmgill

An Air Hammer with the hammer up on the fitting around the lunette and on the lunette should break it loose if you're applying the hammer blows and someone else is whacking the shaft.

rizzo

Welcome. Someone on offroadjeepers.com was asking about an off-road trailer and I was gonna tell them about the M101, but I'm not registered there. Was that you?

I flipped my 1968 M101 with a large crescent wrench. It was easier than it looked.

citizensoldier

You may want a M101 for that rig?

Nice trailer and nice truck... I think you will have a better more controlable rig with a M101A1 or a M101A2 with serge brakes behind that jeep. That is a very heavy trailer empty and is also very wide. I wouldnt pull it on ice or in snow or you will be crunched for sure.
As for the lunette eye flip?. Do all of the above with the penetrating oil and heat. If you dont want to beat it up with a hammer or air hammer just put a piece of thick heavy flat stock behind the nut and lift bracket and loosen the nut. It will pop loose and just flip it over re tighten and off you go.
Dont take offense to the first paragraph I am just warning you from experiance. When they pull them with a duece it has air over hydrolic brakes to help stop it. A empty M101 weighs 1200 lb's and a empty M101 Canadian 1/4 ton trailer weighs 880 lb's empty (Same as a M416..
:lol:

Katch1

RE: You may want a M101 for that rig?

I agree with citizensoldier on this one, but its not only the weight of the trailer, but the center of gravity, the higher a center of gravity, the larger tow vehicle you need. That being said wanna trade for a 3/4 ton trailer? :D

motorolanut

RE: You may want a M101 for that rig?

Nice trailer, Get some penetrating oil, large monkey wrenches, grease guns, flys in the ointment, a few cracked pots,
THEN BUY A DUECE, PUT THE JEEP IN THE BACK OF THE DUECE AND TOW THE TRAILER!!

Ha Ha, Just kidding!! Follow the excellent advice above given by our OUTSTANDING members, HOOAAH!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: You may want a M101 for that rig?

motorolanut said:
Nice trailer, Get some penetrating oil, large monkey wrenches, grease guns, flys in the ointment, a few cracked pots,
THEN BUY A DUECE, PUT THE JEEP IN THE BACK OF THE DUECE AND TOW THE TRAILER!!

Ha Ha, Just kidding!! Follow the excellent advice above given by our OUTSTANDING members, HOOAAH!
Elohim1 hauls his XJ in the back of his deuce!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks