• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANOTHER "look-what-followed-me-home" story . . . .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, that gives me chills! Not only do I remember loooking at that truck, I know exactly where that Skyline Chili is on Rte 50 in Lawrenceburg. Chills I tell you! Congrats.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey fellas, thanks for all the nice comments. The truck needs some brake work and lots of cosmetics, but it runs and dumps well. [thumbzup]

*Kenny, you are exactly right. Here is another short video along the same route. Click Here

*Gary, I tacked on the extra lights for the short trip home (~15 miles), as I felt I could use an extra measure of safety in towing mode. They are just simply the ordinary newer-style composite lights spliced into the original wiring. The truck still has the original small lights mounted to the rear crossmember, but they are very difficult to see.

*Andy, see the additional short video above. That's all there is. The lead truck is my 5-ton with a 6602 continental gas engine. The follower is my new(to me) deuce dump ( M342A2 with LDT-465)
:jumpin:

Attachments

m.walker

Watching the videos is soooo !!! much better than a few pictures ! I've watched them probabley 3 or 4 times each , I don't get to see many other gassers around here that still run and are driven . Nice rides ! Maybe someone could make a video at Haspin , I bet there would be a market for it , or someone record a convoy to one of the meets somewhere !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff, you have got to bring those trucks to www.gravelrama.com Bring your stuff and we'll put the turbo on the dump truck. I so much wanted to drive a deuce up this year but the Oil Cartell might keep me from doing so. The videos are awesome.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been wishing for one for quite a while. I want one but its hard to justify considering I already have a deuce tractor and wrecker. I dunno, feel like I'm being a little greedy wanting all these uncommon deuces. FYI, the guy that Jeff bought his from has one more, or at least he did last year. I looked at both!

rizzo

Last weekend I hade to pick up my M1008 from the truckstop and take it home. It still had my little 2 axle bogger hauler hooked to it. I had a little convoy myself. 98 IHC semitruck pulling the 1008 pulling the 22foot trailer.

forgot to take pics.:(

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that brought a tear to my eye! Another hunk of cold war iron saved. Now i know how it looks through my wifes eyes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks