• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW 3-53T and AUTO.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I added the picture for Raeme.

Raeme, if you have any more you want to add, send them to me.

:D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure could use some more pics. Is the truck complete now? Sounds like an interesting update on an old truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Raeme, your CCKW looks great. That's a big undertaking, pulling the cab, bed, driveline, repowering, etc.

I see you upgraded the brakes-what setup are you using?

raeme

C I threw the hand brake out and fitted spring brake booster also hydrovac went west and added air actuated hydralic brake master cylinder
to the system with foot valve on floor. P.S Everything has been refubished.
raeme.8)

Gunfreak25

But Paul every body sead it could not be done, so I did it.
raeme.:beer:
Love that attitude, people told me a 6.2 would be underpowered in a GMC. So I am putting one in anyway. Hey, it makes more power than the 302 the truck was built with and I can walk into any auto store and get parts for it. I too am using an auto tranny, Th400 that was in the truck when I bought it. Nothing gets better than a diesel and a good auto tranny. Love your swap, excellent job with all the work. :beer:

paulfarber

But Paul every body sead it could not be done, so I did it.
raeme.:beer:
I'm still not sure what 'it' is.

$60k for a repower, tranny and power steering?

Power steering kits might run $2k, a 4BT and NV4500 is $5k-ish. You are doing the labor (it seems) so no adt'l cost.

Even if you are using a crate motor and new tranny.. but where does $60k go and still not have a complete truck on the road?

I know many will take that as a slam, but its not... I just don't understand how the price remotely matches the parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks