• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Mercedes Part Can You Identify This?

halftrackusa

Ok so a friend of mine gave me this Mercedes hood because he knew I had a Unimog. It is all aluminum, 53 ½" long and 19" wide. I have not found any variation of Unimog that has this hood on it. It is marked that it was shipped to Mercedes in New York and also has a Mercedes tag on it. Any ideas what vehicle it is for?
Thanks in advance,
Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

I don't know what a unimog is, but I do know the Mercedes SL's as I have three of them.

If the one part was in vinyl, I would say it was a convertible top trunk cover for a Mercedes SL. Mine are 560SL's built in86-89, and that is a close fit, but not exacting, so I woud look at some of the earlier models. You may have a very expensive part if pre-70's, and it is in fact a hood for convertible top storage between the seats and the trunk. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks