• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scout Car worth?

DoubleDeuces

I would check David Doyle's Book, he gives the rarity and values, he is very well trusted in the field of Military Vechicles.

FrankUSMC

Chris
Go to G503.com
Go to the armor forum part. You will be able to part it out very easy, or buy it and sell it whole. The scout car can be very$$$$$$$$$$ to restore. I had one back in the 1980s, never restored it, and still dumped a lot of money into it.
Save it! This is your chance to have your hobby pay for itself.
One of the few, Frank USMC RER

Maverick1701

Chris
Go to G503.com
Go to the armor forum part. You will be able to part it out very easy, or buy it and sell it whole. The scout car can be very$$$$$$$$$$ to restore. I had one back in the 1980s, never restored it, and still dumped a lot of money into it.
Save it! This is your chance to have your hobby pay for itself.
One of the few, Frank USMC RER

thanks frank
pm sent

the price is petty fair and if it will fetch some serious money I would LOVE to part it out and buy more toys for my deuce haha

3dAngus

That all looks like surface rust. I can't see any eaten through. You might have yourself quite a catch there. If not eaten though and a fair price, I would buy that in a heartbeat for resell.
Maybe half a heartbeat. Some restorer will definitely want it.

Maverick1701

That all looks like surface rust. I can't see any eaten through. You might have yourself quite a catch there. If not eaten though and a fair price, I would buy that in a heartbeat for resell.
Maybe half a heartbeat. Some restorer will definitely want it.
i hate to ask this question because
1 its a noob question and
2 there is only two pictures and its hard to tell anything about vehicle condition
but
value? the salvage yard is asking around 750
from what I understand I could probably part it out for much more than that.
Im a deuce guy and dont know anything in the scout car world.

3dAngus

I don't know the value of it, I just know value when I see it. Those parts are needed to get another restoration in another museum somewhere, where many of them belong.
Is there an engine or tranny under that hood?

Maverick1701

I don't know the value of it, I just know value when I see it. Those parts are needed to get another restoration in another museum somewhere, where many of them belong.
Is there an engine or tranny under that hood?
ill try to stop by tomorrow and check what it has for running gear.

Wayofftrack

Hard to say for sure from the two pictures but it looks like the frame has been cut in half and stretched or reinforced. If that is the case it is really just a parts truck. If the engine is original (Hercules JXD gasser) and runs well that alone is worth $1000.00 easy imho. I rebuilt a JXD myself a couple of years ago and it cost me $1700.00 to rebuild it and I got off cheap. Try and get the serial number if you can. It will be on the drivers side front frame above the shock mount. It will be 2xxxxx

Wayofftrack

Looked a little closer, that frame might be okay. Hard to tell with those huge tractor duals in place. That gas tank on top is original and sitting in its frame mount. They cut the mount off the frame and stuck it on top. There were one of those tanks under each front seat. The passenger side door is being used for a backrest. You can see the pocket for the lube chart holder on it. That rig might be restorable. If you can grab it for 750 and the frame is ok you have done really well.

:grd:

jhooah

Scout car tires and rims are worth a lot as well. I'd grab it if you had the time to deal with it, or let someone know where it was on the G503 forum if you did not want to deal with it. Plenty of time to restore VS part it out, as there's NO more Wheeled Armored vehicles you can park in your garage being "made" and you can't import them thanks to the Clintons.
Wish i was anywhere near one I could get to restore, as my Father started his 33 Year Army career driving one around in the Ohio National Guard. Virginia is picked clean it seems.
V/R WAW

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks