• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any Frisco, TX deuce 1/2 owners?

marshalltx

Folks,

I've got a pretty quick roadblock to my acquisition. Muni code is below:

"
Sec. 90-113. Restricted areas and times.
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate, park or stand any truck with a rated capacity in excess of two tons according to the manufacturer's classification or any bus, semi-trailer, trailer, and/or truck tractor upon any public street, highway, alley or public right-of-way between any street and alley, within any part of the city classified by the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance of the city as a single-family dwelling district, two-family dwelling district or multifamily dwelling district. This section shall not prevent the parking or standing of the above-described vehicles and/or trailers upon any public street, highway or alley in any such zoned area, for the purpose of expeditiously loading and unloading passengers, freight or merchandise, but not otherwise.
(Ord. No. 89-10-07, § 3, 10-17-1989)"

I saw nothing that exempts classic or historical vehicles and it goes by manufacturer's calssification, so if I bob it the rules don't change. Has anyone already blazed a trail on this one?

Thanks,

Marshall

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS (see link below) welcomes the new guy from Frisco/DFW aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Do you plan to register your Deuce as a Texas FORMER MILITARY VEHICLE (FMV):?:
If so, I may be able to help you with a "LOOP HOLE" in local Texas ordinances as established by STATE Legislation regarding FMV's.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS (see link below) welcomes the new guy from Frisco/DFW aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Do you plan to register your Deuce as a Texas FORMER MILITARY VEHICLE (FMV):?:
If so, I may be able to help you with a "LOOP HOLE" in local Texas ordinances as established by STATE Legislation regarding FMV's.
Addendum....

Please refer to Post #38 in this Thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/58827-need-some-help-re-city-ordinances-4.html for an explanation of what I mentioned above.

dogkiller

frisco

I registered mine as an antique & have driven in frisco, hauled limbs ect.
no problems with the cops, but I have yet to leave it parked in front of the house..
frisco cops in the most part are ok guys....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I registered mine as an antique & have driven in frisco, hauled limbs ect.
no problems with the cops, but I have yet to leave it parked in front of the house..
frisco cops in the most part are ok guys....
I would recommend that you MAKE GOOD FRIENDS with key LEOs in your area. Being a good neighbor and "educating" the officers goes a LONG way toward avoiding problems.

All it takes is for one "ticket-writer" to tag you truck for the waterfall of hassles to begin. As a minimum - even if you are completely innocent of wrongdoing - once a ticket is written (their mistake), YOU become responsible for court costs, dismissal fees, towing and impound charges, etc..... Therefore, a proactive approach with preventing an erroneously written ticket is to your advantage.

Get friendly with the community - parades, good will uses, rides for the neighborhood kids etc. all help minimize the chances of complaints. And complaints lead to harassment - even if it's not actually a legal offense.

Good luck!

dabtl

Folks,

I've got a pretty quick roadblock to my acquisition. Muni code is below:

"
Sec. 90-113. Restricted areas and times.
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate, park or stand any truck with a rated capacity in excess of two tons according to the manufacturer's classification or any bus, semi-trailer, trailer, and/or truck tractor upon any public street, highway, alley or public right-of-way between any street and alley, within any part of the city classified by the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance of the city as a single-family dwelling district, two-family dwelling district or multifamily dwelling district. This section shall not prevent the parking or standing of the above-described vehicles and/or trailers upon any public street, highway or alley in any such zoned area, for the purpose of expeditiously loading and unloading passengers, freight or merchandise, but not otherwise.
(Ord. No. 89-10-07, § 3, 10-17-1989)"

I saw nothing that exempts classic or historical vehicles and it goes by manufacturer's calssification, so if I bob it the rules don't change. Has anyone already blazed a trail on this one?

Thanks,

Marshall
It does not prohibit parking it in your drive way, so far as I can tell. You just cannot park it on public right of ways.

nofearnohope

Contact the local code enforcement officer. I ran into this with my truck. I parked it on the street til they informed me that anything rated over 1 ton couldn't be parked on a public road. I have had it in my driveway ever since and have had no other problems. It also helps that when the code enforcement leo gets out of his car and states "That thing is so cool" as he approaches the truck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact the local code enforcement officer. I ran into this with my truck. I parked it on the street til they informed me that anything rated over 1 ton couldn't be parked on a public road. I have had it in my driveway ever since and have had no other problems. It also helps that when the code enforcement leo gets out of his car and states "That thing is so cool" as he approaches the truck.
:ditto:

KsM715

How would he get it to his driveway? It says unlawful to operate, park, ect.........

Now if you bob it, it would become a specialty vehicle and I thought there was something about "manufactures rated capacity" going out the window once you alter a vehicle. Along the same lines if you bob it then you will loose your argument if you go along the lines of using USAFSS-Coldwarriors defense.

Last edited:

dabtl

How would he get it to his driveway? It says unlawful to operate, park, ect.........
The intent is too limit commercial vehicles. State law would override an owner not being able to bring a MV to a legal parking place and not being able to leave or enter it.

This would not mean you could load a nearby home's debris on the truck in the street or such.

There are also probably other ordinances which would specifically govern this kind of use.

Cities are not always insane in passing ordinances. However, 'not always' can have exceptions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks