• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help deciphering GL description

cj8_22602

After rereading it a couple times I think I have it figured out.. Looks like it's for a winch and accessory kit, there were a couple different description links that were throwing me off.

Jones

Just my take on the description but I read it as a winch kit which is an "accessory", as the vehicle didn't come equipped with it (winch) from the factory.

Jones

Yep, I think it's for everything. On the first page, scroll down to item manifest, click on "More Info" under the NSN and you'll see it lists; under nonsupply items and quantities, lines 5 and 6 "Winch and Bumper (P/N 983-75-50050CVB) 1".

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, thats the whole winch as it comes from the factory.. And just how mine came... Assuming that no one removed anything from the cardboard box, you got the whole winch set up right there, with everything you need to install it. Even if someone grabbed some stuff out of the cardboard box, you can get what you need from Mile Marker, as most of it is the same as the civy humvee winch kit... Only real differences are the electrical stuff, which is mil connections... The rest is 2 brackets, hardware, the 2 hoses (which are clearly there), the controller, and some wiring. Looks to be pretty complete from the picture... If you win it, have fun installing it, the A Arm bolts are a PITA.... If you need more help with the install, let me know... Also, the electrial tap is off of the temperature sensor thats forward of the IP.... Took me 45 minutes and 3 calls to MM to figure that one out from their crappy instructions...

cj8_22602

If I get it, It'll be going on my civvy CJ8, so I'll be fabbing up a bumper (and swapping everything to 12v). Emmado did you get yours shipped or pick it up at the base?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got it from a dealer, had a buddy drive it cross country. Took me a good 1/2 day to install it.... If you get it, let me know about any parts that you dont need, I'd be interrested in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks