• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV show in Silver Lake MI. sat. sept. 16th

67Beast

This show is coming up soon and I wanted to give everyone a chance to make arangments and plans to try and come to it. The show will be Sat. Sept 16th in Silver Lake MI. near the Silver Lake Sand Dunes State Park. The show is FREE to visit or to display military vehicles in. Any military vehcile is welcome and can be in any condition, (restored, moddified, unrestored, ect.) Prizes will be awarded as voted on by the public in the following catagories; WWII era 1939-1945, Cold War era 1946-1964, Vietnam era 1965-1975, and Modern era 1976-present. This is starting to shape up into a decent size show as I have gotten several verbal commitments from MV owners who plan on coming. Also the MI National Gaurd has committed to bring several current use MV's and a M1 Abrams tank from the armory. I would love to get as many MV's as we could to show up and make this a great show.
Here are some links for the show;
http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow.htm
free vehicle registration; http://www.davidallenracing.com/vehiclereg.htm
Swap meet vendor reg.http://www.davidallenracing.com/swapmeetreg.htm

Also for those who would like to stick around on sunday, will be heading out into the Silver Lake ORV area with the MV's for a little fun on the sand dunes!

Thanks everyone.

Armada

I saw your flyer Dave. Sounds like a blast. Would like to attend, I'll check the schedule. Especially the drive on the dunes..... that's always a good time. Orange flag on the antenna mast should work. :)

ida34

Looks really good. I think I am free but can't commit until closer to the day of the event. I would love to attend.

67Beast

I just wanted to get it out there early so that people could try and plan around it if they needed to. The DNR officer at the park as agread to let us slip in without checking us for everything. As long as we have ORV stickers, park stickers, and dune flags along with a few other items they'll let us slide in.

liljohn

Man I would love to... but I'm coming home two weekends in a row as it is, not sure I can afford another one. Plus I'd have to get the thing insured before then, and at the rate I'm going I'm not sure that will happen. :roll:

67Beast

I know there are plenty of MI guys here so this is last call for saturday's show. I know several members are planning on comming over for it so don't be afraid to venture on over for the event. Remeber it is a FREE show. And that the awards will be voted on by the public and not some stuffy old judge. The show runs from 9 - 4 when the awards will be passed out. There is also a classic car show going on as part of the festival and I would like nothing more than to scare the crap out of those hot rod guys when a parade of old green steel rolls past them. :lol:

http://www.davidallenracing.com/militaryshow.htm

67Beast

Armada said:
I'm planning on driving the M1009. Can I register when I get there?
Yep, there will be on site registration. Or you can PM me with the following info and I'll have your window flyer all preprinted for you.

Classification: M1009
Year: 1985
Manufacturer: Chevrolet
Vehicle Type: What are the 1009's considered? 1 1/4 ton? command vehicle?
Owner: what's your full name?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks