• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hooks, Tx pickup

allenr

Have to pickup 2 101 trailers in Hooks this Wed. When I made the apt., the lady sounded like my old DI in the corps 40 years ago. As a result my directions look like a bunch of chicken scratchin. I think its a conspiracy, but in any event could someone who frequents Hooks please give me some good directions. Specifically I need to find bld. 23(i think) and then bld. 473A(I think). The first one should be the security check in and the 2nd. is where my trailers are located. I'm still shaking in my boots thinking that I have to meet this lady and I have ducked many bullits.:grd::lost:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha Ha, that is Ms. Neely. Once you get to know her you'll like her. She is all business at first. Visit the GL site and print out the map for RRAD. You will take the Commerical Vehicle Entrance from US Hwy 82. Park with the 18 wheelers waiting to load out, go into the trailer office and go to the right, present your ID, insurance, registration and get badged in. No guns or cameras. Then follow the map through the maze of buildings around to 473A. Again that is a trailer office, you have to walk through the grass to get to the door. Ms. Neely will be there to greet you. One of her flunkies will show you where your trailers are. Good luck and welcome to the site.

allenr

Ha Ha, that is Ms. Neely. Once you get to know her you'll like her. She is all business at first. Visit the GL site and print out the map for RRAD. You will take the Commerical Vehicle Entrance from US Hwy 82. Park with the 18 wheelers waiting to load out, go into the trailer office and go to the right, present your ID, insurance, registration and get badged in. No guns or cameras. Then follow the map through the maze of buildings around to 473A. Again that is a trailer office, you have to walk through the grass to get to the door. Ms. Neely will be there to greet you. One of her flunkies will show you where your trailers are. Good luck and welcome to the site.
NDT sorry to B so dense but do ya have a link to a map?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have to pickup 2 101 trailers in Hooks this Wed. When I made the apt., the lady sounded like my old DI in the corps 40 years ago. As a result my directions look like a bunch of chicken scratchin. I think its a conspiracy, but in any event could someone who frequents Hooks please give me some good directions. Specifically I need to find bld. 23(i think) and then bld. 473A(I think). The first one should be the security check in and the 2nd. is where my trailers are located. I'm still shaking in my boots thinking that I have to meet this lady and I have ducked many bullits.:grd::lost:
NDT has it right. Once you find it you'll go :doh: and never forget.

FYI, they don't care about camera phones.
You sure? I was followed like a hawk and wasnt allowed to pull out my phone even for an incoming call since it has a camera.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Link? Go to the GL main page, click "locations", then click "Texas", then click "Texarkana site info and map". It will give you a map with the buildings pinpointed.

RANDYDIRT

Allen, I will be there on Wednesday for an 11am pick up of a 105. It'll be my first time there also. You are right about the phone lady, I thought I was having basic training flashbacks!! I even instinctively looked down to check my gig line and the shine on my boots.

Dirt

allenr

Allen, I will be there on Wednesday for an 11am pick up of a 105. It'll be my first time there also. You are right about the phone lady, I thought I was having basic training flashbacks!! I even instinctively looked down to check my gig line and the shine on my boots.

Dirt
Dirt, Good luck on your pickup, I hope everything goes well for both of us. I am 3.5 hrs away. I'm going to try and be there an hour early(12:00) just to be safe. Been driving the old F-350 for 15 years, working it hard, and it is still going strong but you never know. Maybe the phone lady will be in a good mood.

jimbob1111

Whatever you do, "DON'T PARK IN FRONT OF THE TRAILER!!!"
Just pull into the gravel across the street & walk over.
I learned this on my first P/U @ Hooks.
HMFG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks