• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st time: EUC 55 days, ROAD TRIP help request

LuckyDog

Well, they sent my EUC confirmation on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Now I can go get it. (I was just in PA visiting the family for the holiday).

So, I plan on trying to retrieve the trailer and generator in on trip this week. The trailer looks from the pictures to have holes already to mount the genny on.:jumpin:

HELP Request: Does anyone along the I95 corridor between RI and NJ have a spare tire for the trailer I could borrow or buy? It is an M101A1 trailer, so it has the 5 lug M37 tires. I can return it on the way back from PA.

[thumbzup]THE PLAN: The trailer is in Ft. Dix. The Generator is in Mechanicsburg, PA. I plan on getting the trailer on my way to PA. Put the Genny in it then go see the family in Carlisle, PA. The next day I will drive back to RI.

Any help is appreciated. I haven't seen the trailer yet but have heard here having a spare is a good idea. I have gathered up all the rest of the stuff I think I need. Lights, chains, hitch, Tool Bag. I read the left wheel lugs are left hand threads, so I am ready for that.

Oh, one more question... What size / type wrench for changing tire tire? I think it is 1-1/8" BUT anyone know for sure?

:driver:

Atwater

just a suggestion you might want to bring a set of magnetic trailer lights. never know what shape the trailer's lights are in. Id also sugest checking the wheel bearings before you get far.:grd:

rickf

I am right around the corner from Dix (literally, I live along the ranges) but I have to work all week. If you get jammed up shoot me an e-mail.

Rick

LuckyDog

@ AtWater: Picked up a set of HF specials. 9.99+tax. AND I have some hefty zip ties.

@ Rickf: Thanks. PM sent.

Curious, what size tire and where to get it and mounting in the Ft. Dix area? I expect dry rot. If it is really bad, I was wondering were to get tires in the area.

The trailer is going to go straight to work hauling rocks when I get home.

LuckyDog

More Plan

So, I have it set up to pick up in Dix at 8:30 Wednesday morning. Then Pickup the genny in Mechanicsburg at 1:30. Trying to give myself plenty of time, JIC.

Since I have to drive through NY, I plan on leaving my house in RI about 3am.

Thank goodness I have family in the Carlisle area. It is still gonna be a long day though.:cookoo:

rickf

@ AtWater: Picked up a set of HF specials. 9.99+tax. AND I have some hefty zip ties.

@ Rickf: Thanks. PM sent.

Curious, what size tire and where to get it and mounting in the Ft. Dix area? I expect dry rot. If it is really bad, I was wondering were to get tires in the area.

The trailer is going to go straight to work hauling rocks when I get home.
I do all of my tire dealing with GW Tire in New Egypt. They are right around the corner from the base, about 3 - 4 miles. 609-758-0077.
GW Tire Service "MAXIMUM SERVICE ... MINIMUM PRICE"

Rick

rickf

So, I have it set up to pick up in Dix at 8:30 Wednesday morning. Then Pickup the genny in Mechanicsburg at 1:30. Trying to give myself plenty of time, JIC.

Since I have to drive through NY, I plan on leaving my house in RI about 3am.

Thank goodness I have family in the Carlisle area. It is still gonna be a long day though.:cookoo:
I am looking at your departure time and appointment times and I think you are cutting it pretty close. 5 hours from RI. to Ft. dix middle of the week after a holiday, I don't know. But you only gave yourself 5 hours to Mechanicsburg and that is if you are out of Dix without problem. I don't think you are going to make Mechanicsburg on time. I can give you a shortcut out of Dix to the Pa. turnpike bridge that will knock a ton off of GPS. Let me know.

Rick

hwcurtice

Check your HF lights to make sure they are wired right. The QC of them aren't the best. You might find, as I did, that when you have your driving lights on, the trailer lights brake lights and turns signals won't work.

Just speaking from experince.

Good luck and keep the speed legal and safe! On and off base!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks