• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks are due...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must take the time to thanks LongueCarbine, zout, and AMGeneral in their efforts in moving two LMTV rims and tires from Louisiana to Georgia to North Carolina to Virginia over the past several months. The Steel Soldiers Freight Service works, as long as you're patient, and I want to thank these three for their hard work and their help in getting more of my parts and pieces home....

Attachments

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice job guys! I love the SS Supply Train. Mike, I wish I would have known you were going to build a FMTV because I had a couple of rims and tires at Winslow's a couple of years ago for consignment. Bummer.

AMGeneral

Thank you Mike for picking up my 2 (equally heavy)M915A1 wheels and tires from PHD and transporting them to VA for pickup,the SteelSoldiers transportation system does indeed work,I also picked up a Deuce winch and driveshaft for Neil hendrix and dropped off 7 sets of tire chains at Bjorn's house for modification to fit the M757.

I still have to drop off the trailer adapter I picked up for Bruce at GA and that will complete my GA rally transportation pickups/deliveries.

[thumbzup] Keep em rolling!!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, thanks Brandon for handling the transportation part of the m105-for-chains deal for makincold (Tim) and myself! Glad you worked out the wheel problem for him also.

Last edited:
Must take the time to thanks LongueCarbine, zout, and AMGeneral in their efforts in moving two LMTV rims and tires from Louisiana to Georgia to North Carolina to Virginia over the past several months. The Steel Soldiers Freight Service works, as long as you're patient, and I want to thank these three for their hard work and their help in getting more of my parts and pieces home....
My brother and I were glad to help out, Mike. Fort Polk is only an hour and a half away for me, and Camp Beauregard is maybe an hour. I'm hoping to have more time to do this type of thing in the future.

Now that I have the Deuce nearly road ready, should be able to handle more items. Paperwork and registration is nearly complete. Took "Big Green" for a spin on the gravel roads around the house over the weekend, and it ran great, all gauges registered normal. I have just a slight leak in a rear wheel cylinder and a small leak in the winch drum.

I put about 20 miles or so on the Deuce, and I have to say it rides better on gravel roads than my old 85 CJ-7.

LC

ETA: I got to meet Zout in Lilburn when I went to visit family in Sugar Hill, and of course to drop off the tires and wheels. Very nice guy, and what a terrific camping rig he has built! I'm jealous. I told my brother about his 109 and he is seriously considering getting one for himself this spring.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks