• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailering a M1009 CUCV

maudoose

Ok picking up my 2nd MV next Friday at Ft Meade.
A little smaller this time a M1009 CUCV.
Has anyone ever hauled one if it will fit on one of the UHAUL auto transport trailers?
It is within the weight capabilities of the trailer. My biggest question is the width of the wheel base. The trailers max width is 79.25 inches by 133 inches long. Let me know what you guys think. I seen a short wheel base Chevy truck on one today so I am thinking it should fit.

jooakes

Yes I hauled my first home on one Because the front lifting points were missing and my tow bar wouldn't hook up.:cry:

maudoose

Thanks for the help guys. It says it starts and run and I confirmed it with the GL guy. I actually found a polite and very helpful one.
I have about 250 miles to bring it back to WV. I would rather trailer it than drive it and then something go wrong. I think my 2500 dodge should pull it no problems, the trailer and CUCV weight is about the weight of my camper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks