• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ready to take the next step...WC-6 Restoration

JCappy

I am new to the Dodge community but looking forward to stepping up from the 1/4Ts to a 1/2T WC. I found this "frankenstein" WC-6 and plan to use it as the basis for a complete frame up restoration. As you can see much is missing from this once proud truck but with dilligence and of course cash, I hope to have her back on the road in time for the MVPA 2012 ALCAN Hwy. Convoy. So, any advice or possible parts which you see I may need ( like seats ) please send me an email. johncappel@hotmail.com
PS...Seats

Attachments

nattieleather

Well... I'm not an expert but I do know how to google and if your truck is a WC-6 then you have a lot of body work ahead of you. If my search was correct and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the WC-6 was a command car. DODGE WC6 WC15 WC23 1/2 TON RECONNAISSANCE CAR

If you want to make it back into like a WC-5 then you'll have just cab and bed work to do. DODGE WC1 WC5 WC12 WC14 WC40 1/2 TON 4X4 TRUCK.

You might want to keep that one for parts and look for a more complete truck body wise to restore.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted with lots of pictures.

JCappy

OK I was only half truthful in my first post. Actually, there is a second WC6 which will be a huge contributor to getting the "Frankenstein WC6" back into fighting form. The second WC 6 will provide the majority of body parts while the "Frankenstein WC6" serves as the backbone (frame, running gear and motor) for a completed Command Car. I will keep you posted on my progress with pics of the transformation. If anyone has a lead on seat frames for an early 1/2T command car I sure would be happy to hear from you!

Attachments

nattieleather

Aaaahhh you tricked us. With both vehicles you should be able to make one good vehicle. Shame the other one was so cobbled together like it was. I would try John @ Midwest Military for the 1/2 parts. He's big into them both as a vendor and as a collector.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Man somebody did some serious metal work to that dodge in the 50's. Is that a front of a cab grafted on to the back. Too bad they bobed the bed, JB sold a full size one this summer in a lot worse shape for $1400, those old 1 1/2 ton beds straight are really hard to find.
Vintage power wagon will have some parts also.

White666

That old coupe body that they cut up to make that cab could be worth quite a bit on its own. would just have to find a set of quarter panels and a cowl to put it back together. Its a 1933 dodge or plymouth by the way.....if you were wondering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks