• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100s needed for movie

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was contacted by a gentlemen searching for V100s (2 to be exact) for a movie that is going in to production the first of next year in New Orleans. I told him I'd put it out to the community and pass along any information that I could.

If anyone is interested please PM me. I have no idea what the pay scale is (I don't think he does either so set your price).

MC

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No idea on the movie although he said there would need to be something in the contract about them painting and then restoring the prior paint color. It sounded like they were looking for "police" type tactical vehicles.

Since there will be a contract I'm betting against the typical zombie movie. Last one we did near Austin we got to split a case of Coke between 8 people for payment (I actually got shorted as I only had 1).

When the guy asked for suggestions on payment I told him I had no idea other than I know someone that got $1k a day for a deuce so he could expect to pay considerably more for a V100. Didn't seem to phase him.

Of course I would expect some form of gratuity for setting this up. Maybe the rest of that case of Coke I missed out on.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If I had a V100..:drool::drool:.which I don't...I darn sure wouldn't let anyone "rent" it...or repaint it.

Well...maybe if they posted a $200,000 cash bond.:D

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They guys I know that do it stay with the vehicles and charge a "driver" fee. That way no one gets to drive their truck in a manner they don't approve. Heck I'll let someone paint my 1010 for free as long as it's a color of my choosing because they'll probably do a better job than me.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not having mine in rentable condition is an easy out for me, fortunately. If it were finished, I'm afraid the repaint clause would probably still be a deal breaker.
Maybe PB's cash bond would sway me.

While our one 'big' movie experience with Paramount was good, as in they paid a lot of money and treated us and the trucks very well, I tend to think that may be the exception to the rule. I have a friend who rents to movies regularly (with beater deuces, etc) and he will tell of mainly unpleasant experiences.

You do have to watch your stuff carefully. In just a few short minutes, one little swine of an extra got in my cab, cracked the new windshield (of course. He couldn't break the other one that I needed to replace anyway) trying to push it open further, and pulled my magnetic Marine emblem off the inside of the door and chucked it on the ground. That last one made me madder than the rest, and likely would have resulted in him accidentally falling out of the cab a couple of times, but he saw me coming and proved to be a remarkably fast runner for a well-fed kid.
Oh well, Paramount sighed and wrote another cheque to cover the windshield and labour to replace it.

When the movie finally came out, Sarge and I dutifully suffered though watching it.
Me- "Hey, there's the wheels of my M813, you can just see them out the window. Where was your truck??"
Sarge- "Ach und bugger!! Grumble, grumble..."
I hope we didn't get walked on too much on the cutting room floor....:p

Mark, if it makes you feel any better, I only got one of those cokes too!

Cheers

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have heard that some movie makers start a company when they do a movie, then shut it down when its done, after that there is NO ONE to sue for payment or damage, repaint, ect., being that the CONTRACT was with the now NON EXENTENED company

gunboy1656

TT, I would love to hear some of your stories good and bad when dealing with them.

I know you have to have some differences. I am sure it would be different from someone like you that deals with them regularly, as compared to someone like me who only has one truck to drive/collect/show

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks