• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

COBRA? cyclic control grip?

davesgmc

can anyone positivley id this grip assy? I was told it was a COBRA cyclic control grip assy from an AH-1S?

It appears brand new, guy even said it was? all switches seem to work fine. I was planning on using it as a shifter knob on my ELMO truck. but if its worth more than a shifter knob i might sell it,,,,ebay?

Attachments

68t

I would try and sell it first. If you can find a buyer It might bring a good price, Especialy helicopter. It might be for a huey . too . So this is not a cheap parts.

22b

Multi use grip, can be mounted on any early bell series-I had them on Bell 206's. Switches could be used for the hook, water bucket, etc.

davesgmc

looks like its gonna be a shifter knob in an ELMO truck with switches hooked upto do various things like honk horn, flash lights, run siren, etc.

davesgmc

that is unless someone wants to give a couple hundred dollars for it, then i can buy some more propane to stay warm in my house this winter.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bell product will always have a part number beginning with the model number of the helicopter. For example an A, B, C, E, F model are all basically Bell Model 204's. The D, H, V (extended cabin models) all start with 205: Bell model 205. The 209 was for the Cobra and 212 was for the N model. According to AF TO's the grip on the F, H, and N models all started with the 204 or 205, depending on the year of manufacture.

All that being said, I don't think that that is the cyclic stick off of any model of a Huey. I am not an expert on the Army Cobra by any means and they had a bad habit of modding things just for S&G. Because the grip NSN has an initition date of 1969, I'd suspect it was a part for the Comanche, Or some such critter. It doesn't look like the cyclic off of a standard Sikorsky either. My NATOPS for the 53 shows what appear to be almost exactly the same stick as a Huey.

The Part number is weird. The CAGE code is for Redstone Arsenal. All indications (To my feeble mind) that this is off a test bird of some kind.

I know what it isn't, but what it is other than being a flight control grip, sorry i can't give you more.
One of the helicopters that were in developement at that time.

Avn-Tech

Sir,

I looked in my cobra parts manual and the part number is not there.
Then I looked in the AH-64 flight manual, and they have a similiar one.
I did not check the OH-58, UH-1 and UH-60 IPB's or Flight manuals.
But I can if you need me to.

Laterrrrrrr
Avn-Tech

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks