• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extended Cab 4 door.

4x4e350

I couldn't resist posting the latest on my extended cab M818 in the new section. Being I only get the weekends to work on her, the process is somewhat slow.:grd:

Attachments

4x4e350

Here's a better side view, which shows the difference in the door lengths a little better. I hope to have the cab done this weekend, and I ordered door hinges today, so should be able to permanently mount the doors then too.
I have a week off over Christmas, I will get the rear door windows cut down then, and pick up the deuce bed, which I will cut down to 8', and hopefully get on back. But we have about 12" of snow outside, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get my tractor to maneuver a bed around:confused:

Attachments

4x4e350

More pics.

I was able to get the doors mounted this past weekend, also got the rear cab mount and rear tool box / spare carrier mounted. I lowered the cab mount so it attached to the existing cross member, then used polyurethane mounts with springs underneath to allow for frame flex. I wanted to get the tool box and spare carrier as close to the cab as I could, so I ended up raising it a few inches also to clear the cab mount.

Attachments

4x4e350

More pics.

I had some time over the Holidays to get some more work done on the 5 ton. So I figured I'd post a few more pics. I have to smooth the welds yet, but the cab is pretty much done.
I had the rear door windows cut down 12", and then I made new frames for them, I haven't really figured out how I'm going to have them operate yet, but they slide fine in the window channels, so I will probably have them clamp in the up position, then unclamp and slide them down:confused:.

Attachments

zout

4x4 = if you can - flip your door open - interested in seeing your flooring in the back area.
Looks like you have a project on your hands.

Preacherboy

Wow! That looks really, really cool! We will have another military vehicle show here at the church this fall...you should have it totally done by then so we can see it in person!

This is the second really cool truck I've seen being build, I know of a sweet bobbed deuce with air ride and extended cab being built right now. These truck builds are really great.

4x4e350

Wow! That looks really, really cool! We will have another military vehicle show here at the church this fall...you should have it totally done by then so we can see it in person!

This is the second really cool truck I've seen being build, I know of a sweet bobbed deuce with air ride and extended cab being built right now. These truck builds are really great.
Thanks!
You can count me in for Fenton this year, I have plenty of notice.:smile:

tm america

Looking good...You could do the windows how they use to do the old super stock dodges...Attach a seat belt to the bottom of the window and then run it up next to the window.Then back down to the bottom of the door ..put a snap at the botom and one at the top of the door ...When you want the window close the seat belt snaps to the point at the bottom of the door when open it snaps to the one at the top...very simple and effective..

4x4e350

4x4 = if you can - flip your door open - interested in seeing your flooring in the back area.
Looks like you have a project on your hands.
Here are some pics of the inside.
I kept part of the front cab back, and added steel over the top, for side to side strength. I also used 14 gage diamond plate on each side just inside the doors, to add strength were the cab was spread wider. Plus diamond plate on the tunnel, it matched the back of the front passenger seat.:smile:

Attachments

4x4e350

Looking good...You could do the windows how they use to do the old super stock dodges...Attach a seat belt to the bottom of the window and then run it up next to the window.Then back down to the bottom of the door ..put a snap at the botom and one at the top of the door ...When you want the window close the seat belt snaps to the point at the bottom of the door when open it snaps to the one at the top...very simple and effective..
That's a great idea!
You just solved my problem, Thank you!:beer:
I will probably use wing nuts with bolts instead of snaps, but very simple and easy, I LIKE THAT.:lol:

4x4e350

Sleeper?

That's not a bad idea, you could get one of those reclining back seats out of a conversion van, they are even power:mrgreen:.
I really want to be able to remove the whole roof, my goal is eventually to have a soft top also. I plan on putting hooks on the top of the roof, so I can drive it into my pole barn, attach a hoist, and remove the top.
Seeing how I don't have my YJ anymore, I need another convertable.[thumbzup]

Disciple

The pics of the back look great. One little piece of advice, though. You may want to mount that milk crate to the floor. Could get a little rough back there for your passengers! :wink: Great work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks