• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gamma goat parts cross reference

scorpion6

Has any one thought to put together a cross reference of parts for the goat? Parts like the clutch and pressure plate, radiators, trannies, brakes, etc.
I mean finding the actual parts is getting pretty hard to do. In my case I need a clutch and pressure plate. Going to the parts store is ridiculous as they want to know what it fits before they can get their computer to tell them what you need. Looking on the internet gives you a number of related searches, but no definite match. The same is said about all of the parts you try to find relating to the goats. I have been told to use the clutch and pressure plate out of a 454 chevy , Been told the clutch was 11 inches , 12 inches , and 13 inches, but no one really knows for sure. It seems that with all the knowledge on the subject we should try to put together a knowledge base.:grd:

Gamagoat1

There are very few cross-overs for the Goat. Engine is similar but has an aluminum block. Trans is a GM truck. No one knows, for sure, what the transfer case is from. It is a special build from England. The rear tractor gear box/diff is a one of a kind, as is the steering box, both front and rear. The carrier diff. is one of a kind. internal parts can be crossed. That leaves U-joints and wheel bearings which are available at Napa. Not all seals can be crossed.

Guages, of course, are standard M series as are most of the electrical connections, harness is strictly Goat.

Oh, the brake shoes are M715 but make sure the long shoe goes to front of each wheel, (The book says wrong, untill after Change 1) They lock up if put in wrong.
The body is all aluminum so no luck there. The brake drums and spindles are one of a kind so no cross there.

All in all it's a great little truck but can cause some headachs when you need a part. (If you stay original, and that way you'll out perform anything in it's class.)

Look on www.Gamagoat.com for all the info you can ask for.
By the way, the clutch is a standard 11 inch GM .
Got to be careful who you get information from on these vehicles. You'll get the most from those that know the least.

GAMAGOAT

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks