• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bitten by a drill.

Josh

Still not even sure how it happened, but I ran a 1/4in drill bit most of the way through my finger this morning. Hurts way worst then when I broke my arm.

It snaped the nail right in the center and proceeded to chew it self almost to the otherside. Tried to pull it out, woundn't let go. Ended up having to back the drill out.

Picture does look all that bad, But the nail is still firmly attached on both sides and it hurts like a sob.

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
50/50 chance the nail will turn black and fall off, and regrow. Yep, hurts like a sumbich, but you'll be more careful next time, won't ya?

Josh

I'm off to get a tetinus shot in the morning. Havent had one since I was like 12. Better safe then sorry.

It chewed the meat up under the nail quite bad and split my finger tip(skin/meat) a good 1/4-1/2in. Didnt get a picture of that, but it took almost 20 minutes to get it to stop bleeding.

dittle

Did you have one of those "This would really hurt if it happens" moment right before it happened? That is going to ache for a while.

mhassett

I know exactly how it happened, because I went all the through. In one side and out the other.
Wow did it bleed.
Happened 2 months ago and still hurts.
MHJassett

If you have insurance it would be best to let a doctor take a look at it and provide additional medical treatment if needed. You may need a tetanus shot and some anti-biotics. Most importantly keep it clean dry and elevated, I would recommend a sterile dressing.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was getting ready for haspin one year and put about the same size drill bit through the left index finger. Drill bit broke while I was drilling out a rivet on a pulley. Kind of interesting to see meat curlings instead of metal ones. Got stitched up and went to haspin a couple days later.

Learned my lesson about hand holding parts I'm drilling.

jamesfrom180

Sorry man...Can't fix stupid!!
Dito on not holding parts. Took me three different times to figure that out. Now I jig everything up. Sometimes .5 hour of clamping to drill one hole saves the pain. Not a fun holiday present hope you feel better.

stampy

The worst part is having to reverse the drill.....OWWWWWWW. Sorry it happened Ditto on seeking medical attention, th only thing worse is New Years infection...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks