• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lost a driver!!!!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
We lost one of our driver's a few days ago. After a investigation it was found that a paper clip was placed in the fuse holder in the bunk. driver was asleep and burned to death. he left behind 2 kids and a wife. If a fuse blows find out why!

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
lets hope that some others that read this post will think again about doing something like that.. safety first all the time

91W350

Some of life's pills are tough to swallow, others are almost impossible, this is one of the latter. From what I know of Swift, they do a better job than most of taking care of their drivers and trucks, very sad indeed. Glen

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
The truck was towed into the yard in Martinsburg WV. the tank melted thru. the bunk heater sets right above the hole in the tank them heater runs off the tank fuel. the trucks are equipped with wabsco diesel bunk heaters for some reason the fuse blew and the driver put a paper clip in its place and this is the end result

Attachments

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
This happened Sunday the day after Christmas. i took the photos Monday when i stopped into swifts yard to get fuel. waited till now to post because i wanted to confirm what happened. Swift does try to keep all the equipment in good working order but things do break, the reason i posted this is because i know we all my self included Jerry rigged something to get it working. I will think twice about it after seeing this and knowing what happened!

Blood_of_Tyrants

I do forensic investigations for insurance companies and see stuff like this regularly. One old guy had extension cords plugged into extension cords plugged into other extension cords with all kinds of things plugged into them. The house caught fire from an overheated extension cord. He was found at the door with the keys in his hand where he had put a padlock on the inside of the door.

SMOKEWAGON66

i hate seeing stuff like this. i used to see it once in a while when i was driving. really makes u wonder why people still do stupid things like putting a paperclip in a fuse panel.... "itll never happen to me" ....famous last words :(

jumpinford

My buddy bought a mid 70s dodge pickup that didnt have a single fuse in it. Fusebox was full of screwdriver bits...

That stuff scares me bad. I work on Fleet trucks, and I stress to my drivers the need to be prepared in case of a heater failure. It happens, stuff breaks. But bein a lil cold under a ton of blankets beats burning to death for something like this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks