• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So are you saying no one makes a 3/4 ton WC gas tank?

reamer

Is this a "deal Buster" on the WC-58 Command Car I'm looking at that has no tank?
What's wrong with using a 1/2 ton gas Tank?
Thanks
Reamer

135gmc

Check with Midwest Military in MN or Vintage Power Wagons in IA - they would know what fits, and might even have something available. You might want to epoxy-line whatever tank you wind up with - I've done that to everything I've restored and no leaks

135gmc

Parts are where you find them - look for middle of nowhere junkyards that have just about anything. Chances are that there's an old Dodge tank that will fit and work fine. You can make just about anything military with a coat of OD paint....

Bill's right - Adirondak also has Dodge parts. Also check with the Jeep parts dealers - even though they say JEEP, that doesn't mean that they don't have odds and ends.

FrankUSMC

My father in law had a command car back in the early 1980s. He was still an active duty Marineat the time. He ended up finding the correct gas tank in Norway after several years of looking. He tried useing the gas tank out of a weapons carrier but the neck was wrong. I would make some calls to the dealers the other posters posted own, maybe today some one is making one.
Remember, just because a vehicle is 95% complete, it could take you years to find that missing 5%.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also look in Europe. Try posting on http://hmvf.co.uk and ask for advice. There was a lot of American vehicles left in Europe from WWII and a lot of people are restoring them. Also, if you can find a sample, you can get almost anything duplicated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks