• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front running lights

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most MV's front T/S or running lights don't come on with the headlights. Has anyone rewired a M35 to make them come on with the headlights?

jasonjc

If you notis the headlights are off on the tree lever switch the lower left lever put it all the way down is for park.
don't know how to have them and the headlight on at the same time thought.

Deuceswild

Kenny,

I always like to search before before posting a question. So much stuff to learn, and the section you posted on the light conversion helped many others and myself included, this forum is an excellent additon to anyones tool box. Great people and Great Information.

Jeff.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. I just installed a NOS harness and didn't want to splice it. I was thinking of running a wire from the rear tail lights to the front with the military Y connectors. Does anyone have the tool to make up wires with the military connectors? Or know where i could buy one?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one Ken. If you can come up with the connectors and wire, I have no problem knocking it out. I've got a new harness in the trailer for the wrecker. Maybe I'll make the same connection on that one. Hmmm! As far as the crimper, its a Daniels Machine AF-8. They are on enay quite frequently and used in the aircraft industry. Usually rin between $50 and $125 used.

mangus580

Ken, take apart the 3-way switch, and do the jump inside the switch :) thats where I plan to do it, when I get to mine finally....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a thought. Anyone ever broken one of these down? I need to see how many spares I have before I break one down.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is my arrangement of the lights. I added one set of "marker" lights on the front fenders, which are on when other marker lights are on. The second "marker" light on the fender is part of the turn signal circuit.
Park, driving and turn signal lights are shown below.

All wiring was done external to the 3-lever switch.

I did open up one of those switches in an attempt to clean the contacts some years ago, but feel that the sealed switch would be compromised by doing it. That particular switch was never used again, it's still sitting on one of the work benches in the basement held together with cable ties. :(

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks about ready for the big ride Bjorn. Don't forget your razor scraper. I find them an absolute must during bug searon, cleans them right off the glass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks