• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SERVICE IN MILITARY

There is a lot to be desired for the questions..
First..
I had 34 years US MILITARY Service..retired Sergeant Major. There needs to be a "RETIRED MILITARY" answer....
My grandson is in the US ARMY "now"...and my father was in the US ARMY back in the 20's and 30's...my daughter was in the US NAVY...LT.. That makes 4 generations in the US MILITARY..!!

M35A2

I served 8 years in the British Army, three with the Royal Green Jackets and five with the Royal Corps of Transport (now Royal logistics Corps). My Uncle served 5 years in the Grenadier Guards and my Grandad served 8 years with the Grenadier Guards, 5 of those in the second world war fighting in Italy and Europe. My cousin served with 2nd Batt The Royal Anglian Regiment.

The highest respect to all who have served or are serving their respective countries.

May freedom and honor reign forever!!

vbrescueman

Hooahh too all who have served their respective countries. There is nothing greater than the feeling one feels when serving his/her country. My families history goes wayyy back... Ft. Bragg is named after my great-great grandfather. :beer:

FrankUSMC

20 years as a Marine (I was the Blacksheep of the familly, every one else was Army)
My Father was a WWII, Korea, and VietNam vet (the book/ movie WE were Soldiers, was my dads unit. My mom sent me the book with names highlighted of soldiers who would visit our house)
My brothers base was overrun in Viet Nam, he survived (newspaper story was worse than it was), funny part is for more than 20 years, his high school class at the re-union would hold a moment of silance for him. Every one thought he had been killed that night.
Both bother in laws were army.
One of the few, Frank

N1265

My grand dad served in the U.S. Army just before W.W.II and when Pearl Harbor happend he went and re-enlisted in the Navy, He was selected as one of the orginal " Scouts and Raiders ? :roll: " ( the pre curser to the Navy Seals ). And spent his time in the Pacific.....

All of My cousins served in the Navy except for one, He along with my self joined the Marine Corps and was assigned to the infantry field.

I served four years on active duty, and two years on active reserve, as an infantry / mortorman ( 0341) ..... the reserves really sucked for me because I had a hard time being a cilvian 28 days out of the month , and then try to be the " hard a**" plt.sgt. the other two days of the month. Going to one frame of mind, to the other, and back again in such a short time frame really made me question what I was doing in the reserves.... after a while I decided I would be better off just picking a life ( in or out ) and living it.

I really have a special respect for those who can do this " weekend warrior" thing and still be Married :lol:

My only regret is not going back on active duty instead of getting out all together. For me , active duty was really Great!!!

Nick

breelanr

My grand-dad served in the army in WWI. My father was a Marine in WWII, was shot-up in the Philippine Islands and transferred to the newly formed Air Force for a total of 27 years active duty. I was active duty Air Force for 21 years. My oldest son did 4 years in the Marines.

gbooth

My wife's Grand father served in WWI, My Dad served in the Big Red 1 in WWII, Her Dad served in Vietnam early (64-65) I lost a Uncle in Vietnam (71-72) I served in the U.S. Army from 1975-1979 active 79- 86 reserve as a 12 Bravo Combat Engineer I have 2 Nephews currently serving in the Army with 1 in Iraq.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My father served 20 years in the air force, first flying KC135's in SAC and then in Vietnam as a FWD air controller squadron commander, flying these missions himself as well in a modified Cessna. My uncle served for several years in the Army in Vietnam mostly in search and destroy. Brother just finished 20 years in the Army and spent some time in Iraq early on undisclosed business. His son/my nephew did 3 years there as a driver and RTO. After 911 I enlisted in the Texas Guard, not federal but state military forces where I manage the communications system for northeast Texas. So far the worst thing I've had to deal with was hurricaine katrina. I'll have 5 years this November. Bum knee may force me out, but that is up to the TXSG.

WVSCOUTCAR

I am retired Army. My Brother has 28 years in the guard. My father retired 38 years in the Guard. My daughter 9 years in guard with one year in Iraq. My son starting 4th year in guard. HE DROVE MY DUCE TO HIS HIGH SCHOOL PROM. Even his girlfriend shought it was neat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks