• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TURBO 400 wheezing the juice!!

85-m1028

I've got an 85 m1028 w/ turbo 400 that is leaking fluid onto the front drive shaft and all down the bottom of the tranny, I replaced the vacumme modulator and power washed the trans and tunnel to see if I could find the source of the leak, there are no drips out of the over flow tube. It does vibrate some when shifted into drive and will sometimes take a minute to catch up when I push the pedal down, it shifts great once it gets going. Fluid loss is about a half a QT. every 250 miles, I was told these are very tough transmissions so I'm wishing that this is something that will not require complete overhaul.

Txstruck

Sounds like it may be the front pump seal leaking. They are tough transmissions, but with a leak like that, I would get it fixed ASAP. I had mine completely gutted and rebuilt for just over $400.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks