• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check those wheels!

91W350

Here is an unusual accident. A local service guy went to air up a truck tire on a truck that had been used to spread solution. When he started pumping in air, the tire exploded, well, not really, the rim split. The tube, wheel, and tire was still bolted to the axle or in place. The outside half of the wheel exited the area, right into the tech. The damage is three broken ribs, a broken leg, two broken forearms, one of which is compound and a broken jaw. He was lucky to escape with his life. I do not know how many times I have grabbed an air line and aired up an old farm truck or tractor tire and never gave it a second thought. Glen

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why I use my air chuck with the 6' hose from Gemplers. Always use it. I had a split rim blow on a forklift, it sounded like a shotgun blast. If someone was standing in front of it, they would have died. Don't play with tires.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAHAHA!

No wonder I have difficulty changing my tires, I been wearing the wrong shoes!:oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well, it is 10F out this AM, I haven't put shoes or socks on yet! Only had to go out to get the paper and let the dog out a few times. I swear I wear shoes in public.... sometimes

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well, it is 10F out this AM, I haven't put shoes or socks on yet! Only had to go out to get the paper and let the dog out a few times. I swear I wear shoes in public.... sometimes
Listen up everyone, don't let them shoes Doghead wears fool ya! They are plum full of gravel and dirt on the inside!

91W350

This wheel did not fail at the split ring, it was an actual failure of the wheel itself. He did not get hit with the ring, it was the outside 2 or 3 inches of the wheel. Thanks Troll1216 for posting that chart. I did lots of tubeless stuff and had the wheels apart on my M715 many times.... Never encountered a true split rim. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks