• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ultra Rare hardtop found!!!

davidkroberts

well did you get it and if not what does the guy want for it. I hate seeing them rust away to nothing and that one is just on the edge of saving from what i see

Last edited:

67_C-30

I didn't get to talk to him about it. He's got some other old Jeep stuff, but I'm not what he'd want for it. I didn't see this one until I was about ready to leave. He's got another complete Jeep, but its rough and he's got 2 other tubs that actually really decent. I asked him about the other ones a few weelks ago, and he said he sold them to someone a long time ago and that they got some parts from them, and said that's all they needed and he could keep them, but he wanted to check to make sure they didn't need anything thing else before he sold them. He is supposed to let me know, and I'll pass the info along. Here's some of the other stuff...

Attachments

91W350

The guy actuallly one of those, too. Still has a faded Barber's logo on the side!
Elmore Dairy had a whole fleet of Divco trucks when I was a kid. Their fenders and grills always reminded me of the Anglias of gasser war fame. How bad is it rusted away, if I am really lucky, it is not for sale....

67_C-30

Elmore Dairy had a whole fleet of Divco trucks when I was a kid. Their fenders and grills always reminded me of the Anglias of gasser war fame. How bad is it rusted away, if I am really lucky, it is not for sale....

It actually doesn't look that bad. Its got a lot of surface rust, but doesn't seem to eat up. I'll get pics and a price for you next time I'm over there.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just look at the excitement on that boys face! Young or old(older), we all feel like that when we "find" such neat stuff. Thanks for the pics.

67_C-30

Just look at the excitement on that boys face! Young or old(older), we all feel like that when we "find" such neat stuff. Thanks for the pics.
Thanks! My kids absolutely love this old stuff, especially my boy. I have a 2002 Z71, and he will literally cry sometimes if I drive it instead of the "War Wagon" (my M1009) or my "Hot Rod Car" (my '69 SS Camaro). He bugs me everyday asking me when can he ride in the Jeep (M715). When I'm working something, I'll let them help me by cleaning stuff, taking off after I get the bolts broken loose, etc. I love it, and it gives me a chance to enjoy my hobby while including them in it.

Attachments

Gastrap

There used to be an old CJ in town here with a plywood & plexiglass "cab".

I bought a '70 CJ with the aftermarket hardtop & couldn't wait to tear it all off once I got it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks