• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5th Annual Steel Soldiers Florida Rally Official Thread

devilman96

February 17th -20th

Information and questions.. ssflrally@gmail.com

Guys this is a great event for a family vacation as its located 35 miles west of Disney world and the Orlando attraction areas. Plan plan plan!!!

Same games... Same plans for our 5th year!

An update on the property conditions... Thankfully were DRIED out from last year so expect much of the same as in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

VENDORS... (you're welcome to come and set up for free!)

The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer and RR groups. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards MV enthusiast of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Much has been asked about Trail Rides...

We are going to open up the back gates again like we did in 07-08 which gives us access to 10,000 acres... However due to the craziness during the day (and shooting) we will be doing a night ride on Saturday night! We had the makings of a forest fire in 2008 doing this so please BE CAREFUL!

Mud... a big hole of it! Its a swamp... were driving MV's what do you expect of us?

Shooting range... We will be (regardless of whom is stuck and where) holding the range again this year. All Class 3 owners (bring your stamp) as well as ALL firearm owners are welcome to bring out your toys. (class 3 be machine guns to the common folks)

In previous years we had a skeet area set up, hopefully Russel and Rick will oblige us with the same!

FOOD

Walter and Mike's great cooking! If you know this rally then you know the food is absolutely AMAZING! If ya don't... well... your in for it! Were changing the menu a bit so that lunches can be served over a extended period during the day as people seem to wander off in different directions and want things to come at different times.

Thurs Night

Prime Rib and all of trimmings (its worth being there early!)

Friday

Breakfast - Waffles and Sausage
Lunch - Hamburgers hot dogs
Dinner - Chicken

Saturday

Breakfast - Biscuits and Gravy
Lunch - Spaghetti and Salad
Dinner - Pulled Pork

Sunday

Walter's Surprise

Showers
(yes really)

We have a work crew showing up (your invited, seriously, come help!) on Jan 22-23 to build stalls and set everything up... Finally. Its taken a LOT of accumulation of odds and ends to make this happen but were finally there!

Port-a-potty - on site

All camping is primitive... If you need it, you bring it.... RV's and travel trailers are welcome...

Pets are welcome... Mind the wild animals and or anything else they can get into. (still no bears around)

ATV's, carts, etc are welcome...

It's a family event so bring what you like but please keep your head about yourself!

Firewood is everywhere so please... burn it! (away from you gas cans)

Check out the past years events!

2010 Thread HERE
2010 Multimedia Thread HERE

2009 Thread HERE
2009 Multimedia Thread HERE

2008 Thread HERE
2008 Multimedia Thread HERE
Cool video of 2008

The rules for the event are simple...

All firearms are to be kept SECURE in your vehicles except for during use in the RANGE AREA. NFA's bring your stamps!

Be respectful of fellow MV'ers, pets, children and native wildlife (especially young trees)

Mind designated "no drive" areas

This event is NOT a public function, bring what you like but if you are not a SS member OR dont have a MV in your group you WILL be turned away!

Have fun, enjoy yourself and be safe!

Event Entry Fees
ADVANCE PAYMENT REQUIRED

Weekend entry registration $65 per person.

Saturday only registration $35 per person.
Payment info... (A little different this year) Please make your payments via paypal by using ssflrally@gmail.com

Please Note: "Saturday only" passes... We have done this in the past and had issue after issue after issue... I am again going to extend this option for the 2011 rally which will include food all day, etc, etc. However if this becomes an issue again rather than unfairly screwing it up for everyone else in the future were going to opt for cuffing you to a tree and waiting (hours) for the sheriff dept to show up!

Children 12 and under are free but MUST register with their parents upon entry. (if ya leave them I want to know where to ship them back to!)

Keep checking back for updates! We will edit THIS posting as they come up!

Last edited:

Green_gator

Okay folks, we have the official announcement. As you can see we have left the side dishes empty for now so if you have a preference let us know your ideas. Banned sides though include beets, brussel sprouts and anything containing tofu!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in. Wished I had some warning on the work weekend, I'll be working at my job. Mike, I will get the 3KW out tomorrow and get it ready!

devilman96

I'm in. Wished I had some warning on the work weekend, I'll be working at my job. Mike, I will get the 3KW out tomorrow and get it ready!
No problem, you do more than enough through out the year for this thing!!!

The date was a last minute coin toss with Wayne V. Were working with a lot of pre assembled stuff so it should be quick considering the project. Just need some lifting power.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cutoff hasn't been posted yet but I'd say come wether you get yer 5 tonner done or not. Plenty to look at and do. FWIW, I just de-bugged the genset to run the Floridianson donated mil shower system. It's going up this weekend.

dc3coyote

**** missing another Fl rally. For any of those who are on the fence about coming this is one of the best rallys during the year, and definatley the warmest for this time of the season.

Since its only a few miles from Disney you can get the whole family out to visit.

MIKES 5 TON

my truck is done just want to beable to drive it there, going to see Kenny Feilds sunday to get some part , got to shorten the bed, top , exhaust, and some 53's and ill be there

devilman96

Well six inches of rain this week... yeah its wet right now!

Im exhausted but we got the walls up today. Phil has some pics that I believe he will post later. In the mean time im going to bed... not 19 anymore!rofl

phil2968

The shower stalls are almost complete! We just need to evict Wayne (Pinz25086)!
He is spending the night in the new showers! He is going to freeze!

Attachments

3dAngus

Do you have hot water for those showers.
Next week I have to pick up my laundry unit. It has a hot water heater that runs off diesel.
Also has a 10kw generator. Nothing to pull it with thouigh and I'm just thinking out loud, that this woudl be another very practical use for this "Laundry Unit". If I had a MV I would love to pull itdown there and play with it.

So anyway, hot? or cold? showers. Just curious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks