• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN INFO Donations

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Got some good news and some not so good news today.

Good news. WE got a letter from the Gene Vance Jr. Foundation for Catastrophically Injured War Veterans. I can't scan the letter due to some personal info on it but here's the just.

Thank you for your generous contribution to the GVJFCIWV (I abbreviated this). Your efforts, over the past year and prior, to help raise funds for our mission has generated support from the Steel Soldiers organization.

To date, more than $1000.00 USD has been contributed to our organization from members of the Steel Soldiers to whom you provided services. We are grateful for initiating and directing this effort. One hundred percent of the contributions went towards the Foundations War Injuries Initiative, a grassroots effort of deep personal commitment to helping those brave warriors in need of expert medical attention and comprehensive care sometimes existing in the hands of only a few talented experts and world renowned institutions.

It then goes on with some other items.

THE NOT SO GOOD NEWS:
I thought we would be a whole lot better than $1000. Granted, he says more than $1000 but divide that by $15 and that is only 66 returns for the hundreds and hundreds that I have done since March 2008 when I asked for the donations to go to this cause.

What I think has been happening is people are donating and not designating it from this project. I really hope this is the case and we can redouble our efforts to ensure any donations given are designated as part of this project from Steel Soldiers. That helps me know if it is beneficial or not to continue my work. Gotta admit, I could do more things with the time I put in doing the VIN Info thread but trying to help this worthy cause and plan to continue.

As a reminder, I get nothing from this other than satisfaction in helping the Gene Vance Jr Foundation and helping fellow Steel Soldiers. All I ask is for folks to give when they can and what they can to help our wounded warriors. This is the first letter I have gotten from the foundation letting me know that my efforts have raised money.

Again, thanks to all that have donated.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I for one have made a donation to the Gene Vance Jr Foundation and did not mention SS. I didn't really think about it. To be sure, future donations will include the project.

R Racing

Well I for 1 donated but didnt designate it from SS either . I just assumed following the link was all I needed to do . So Please except my appoligies and ignorance .I just didn't know better.

Jim

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
No appologies needed. I didn't know how they would ever track it. I was surprised when they did and even more surprised they sent me the letter.

3dAngus

Recommend the following change to your signature;

Change from:

"If you got VIN info, I'm currently asking for any donations made to be sent to the GENE VANCE FOUNDATION FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS. Here;'s the link:

The GENE VANCE JR FOUNDATION "

Change to:

"If you got VIN info, I'm currently asking for any donations made to be sent to the GENE VANCE FOUNDATION FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS and mention in the donation form it is part of a SteelSoldiers project. Here's the link:

Great work. Congrats and thanks.

gunboy1656

Due to the financial situation that most people faced last year I think a grand in donations is not doing too bad. Could it have been better of course, but a lot of people are running on a couple dollars at a time to have free.

And it was nice to have a total for how much was raised for them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Recommend the following change to your signature;

Change from:

"If you got VIN info, I'm currently asking for any donations made to be sent to the GENE VANCE FOUNDATION FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS. Here;'s the link:

Change to:

"If you got VIN info, I'm currently asking for any donations made to be sent to the GENE VANCE FOUNDATION FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS and mention in the donation form it is part of a SteelSoldiers project. Here's the link:

Great work. Congrats and thanks.
Excellent idea. Good catch and done.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I also didn't mention SS, I think it's great they started tracking it tho.

Here's a real funny one I keep thinking of reference this:

Old lady pulls the donation and sees "SS"

Old lady thinks "??SS?? What is the German Waffen SS giving money to the Gene Vance Jr Foundation for Wounded Warriors?" LOL that is a real HOOT.

I can just see some old lady thinking that. At least we aren't abbreviated as GESTAPO or Stazi or NKVD or even VD for that matter. LOL

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Due to the financial situation that most people faced last year I think a grand in donations is not doing too bad. Could it have been better of course, but a lot of people are running on a couple dollars at a time to have free.

And it was nice to have a total for how much was raised for them.

Extrapolate the data and if we just put the dollars against last year, I was 17% effective. But this stretches back to Mar 08 when I began asking for the donations to go to GVJF. Or you're asserting over 80% of folks on here are flat broke. Don't buy that one. Either way Es Machts Nichts. As I state, folks give what they can, when they can.

But it the business world at 17% I'm Fired.

Oh well, time for me to pack up my desk.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Naw my friend. Issue was identified. 3d ANGUS provided a viable fix (that was so simple I feel stupid for not putting it in place to begin with). We move forward at this point.

Still think of that old lady though. The SS? LOL Not sure why that is so funny to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks