• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter driving means slow down

dittle

Speed doesn't kill, it's the sudden unexpected stop that kills :driver: Be safe out there people and keep in mind that you don't want to experience that unexpected stop.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Winter driving means slow down"

WOW, Boy was I wrong, all the time living in the south and watching some of these southern drivers, I thought the worst the weather, the FASTER you were supposed to go

colelkhunter

and don't think that because you travel up north the people can drive in the snow or bad weather. Even though they are used to having it on the roads every year, they never learn to drive in it. it is almost fun to watch the idiots that drive 80 on the interstate while it is snowing and bet on how long before you see them in a ditch. We got pretty good at that game during a trip to michigan to see my wifes family.

Flyingvan911

I also recommend low range for slow crawling through the traffic and snow. It is easier on the parts since the engine doesn't have to put out as much torque to move the truck.

A

A/C Cages

Im a Floirdian all the way thru and thru . YET when I went to visit with the Inlaws in YUCK Iowa for Xmas I was the only one out on the roads going to the store for those items they forgot. I drove my H1 thru a blizzard where the snow plows were called off. Got to the Walmart and found out they were stranded in the store. I took the 15 employees home several at a time and then came back for the manager who locked up the store. He told me I must be some kinda nut but I drive better then anyone hes seen in the snow like that. It was the first and last time ive seen snow. He was amazed to find out im from Florida. lol
I drove thru it like I drive thru the wet sloppy swamps we have here. By the way, swamp mud is just as slick as ice.

toddm

and don't think that because you travel up north the people can drive in the snow or bad weather. Even though they are used to having it on the roads every year, they never learn to drive in it. it is almost fun to watch the idiots that drive 80 on the interstate while it is snowing and bet on how long before you see them in a ditch.

While I was out plowing this morning, only 2" of snow. I saw two cars go in the ditch on straight level road. It snows here every year and some people never learn to slow down.

A

A/C Cages

Im so amazed that 99% of them dont have vehicles up there that are made for that type of weather. Why is there even a single low profile car up there?
Minature snow plows?

dittle

Im so amazed that 99% of them dont have vehicles up there that are made for that type of weather. Why is there even a single low profile car up there?
Minature snow plows?
Because there are tree huggers and "gansters" all over the states. They just haven't figured out that have a lowered car up in the snow states is nothing but a snow plow waiting to head to the ditch. On the flip side a lot of people up here with 4x4's think that because they have 4WD they are invincible on snow/ice. You will see just as many 4x4's in the ditch in MN as low cars due to the 4x4's driving like idiots and not realizing they are "All Go, No Whoa".

stumps

So, you see, having a 2wd car in the north country can be an advantage... If you can't get going in the snow, you won't have to discover the physics of how all vehicles with 4 wheel brakes stop about the same in the snow.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks