• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 carb rebuild kit help?

deuceman51

Well I decided to rebuild the carb on my M37 because it needs it. Problem is that I have no idea what type of carb I have. I have a 1962 M37B1. The carb is pretty gunky and all I can make out is Ball and Ball made for chrysler. I couldn't find anything that said ETW1 or anything else that would tell me which rebuild kit I need. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might try Vintage power Wagons in Iowa for a kit. 888-695-0578 They will probably know without numbers and such.

CGarbee

If you are going to go into your Carter (Ball and Ball) ETW1, then you really need to study the article that Allan Bowes wrote a while back on the job (and the companion one on cleaning and adjusting the governor). He still has it on his website at:
http://todacosa.com/html/m37-pw-service.htm

I'd give Sid Beck at ACE Surplus in Texas a call before VPW. Much better prices...

deuceman51

does anybody have a website or number for ace surplus? I haven't heard of them. That website was really helpful though. Does anybody know anything about the AFLA or NAPCO kits he describes in his article? I have never heard of either of them. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks