• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone Arsenal

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone in the area of Redstone or make trips there with any frequency? Might be interested in a 6.2 in the can if I can find some help.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
4X4,

I am 80 miles from Redstone and have bought stuff from up there a few times.

I am 40 miles from Anniston Army Depot.

Will they allow me to pick up your items?

Keep in mind that at this time I have a Ranger pick-up and a small single axle trailer. Will a canned engine fit in the back of the Ford? :?

How long would you need me to babysit it? I have room to store a few items.

I will be out of pocket until the end of August but after that I could make a side trip up there. Let me know if you buy anything.

rmgill

One can collect items for another. You just need a copy of the PAID invoice and some form signed by the auction winner.

rdixiemiller

I've picked up at Redstone (I have canned engines for Wallew and DRat). The trip is about 3 hours each way for me. The engines weigh about 800# in the can, according to the stencils. I don't know if they will load onto a pickup, and the can would probably not fit between the fender wells. I would recommend a small 2 axle trailer, the can is a little top heavy. I would be afraid of flipping a single axle trailer unless it was around 7' wide. Take plenty of straps, and 1/2 dozen 1/2x3 bolts, nuts, and washers. Most of the cans I saw at Redstone were not bolted shut, some only had 2 bolts and no nuts.
If you get one cheap, I can make the trip. I have a forklift here at home to unload with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks