• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

JP8 question.

marine_mike

Hey, I noticed that CUCV's run on diesel and JP8 kerosene. What exactly is the difference between JP8 and regular kerosene and can it be purchased. Thae only drawback from using it that I can see is the loss of about 15 horses.

jasonjc

Yes you can buy not for highway use thought try an air port its a typ of jet fuel. That's way the military use's it one fuel for evey thing.
Mercury is making an outboard boat eng to run on the stuff for the navy.

Jones

Just posted a copy of 2000 Fuel Users Guide to the tech articles section. As soon as it's approved you should be able to get into it and see what the differences/similarities are between mil-spec fuels currently in use.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the military, JP-8 fuels everything from M1 tanks to Humvees to Generators to Helicopters. It's alot easier logistically to have a one fuel battlefield.

jasonjc

I thought that they changed to JP8 back in 1991-92 when I was at FT Hood. Hated it the JP8 left a sooty resido all over the helicopters. we had to wash them every couple of days. The JP5 brund alot cleaner.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd add some lube in the fuel if you run it. Your DB2 IP won't run long without it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks