• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA members going to Richloam Rally?

sterlun

Hey guys! Any members in N GA attending the Richloam Rally in FL? I need a M796 trailer hauled down there for another member.

A

A/C Cages

You would think everyone would be heading here to Florida after seeing what the weather is bringing the rest of the country. Snow snow snow. oh and did I mention snow?

A

A/C Cages

I remember seeing someone with a lowboy heading from FL to GA and then back asking if someone needed transportation. I have no clue whom it was but if I see it on here I will let you know.

If the squirells are that big I would hate to see the Bears.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember seeing someone with a lowboy heading from FL to GA and then back asking if someone needed transportation. I have no clue whom it was but if I see it on here I will let you know.
That may have been me. I have a truck to pick up in the Macon area. I will be going up empty but will be loaded coming back down.

Where in GA is the trailer now?

Ruppster

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it have a license plate so it can be towed or does it need to be trailered? If it can be towed if someone can bring it down to the Florida side of the FL/GA border (save me from having to spend money on IRP and IFTA permits for GA) I should be able to come up and get it to haul it the rest of the way on either the 19th or the 26th of this month.

Where in FL does it need to go if it can't be brought down in time for the FL Rally?

Ruppster

sterlun

I won't be able to get anything done myself before the rally. No tags on it. Idc myself but I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to tow it. Needs to go to Orange City.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normally I wouldn't care either but since I would have to tow it with a commercial semi truck I can't blow past the scales like someone would with a military 6x6. Plus I don't have time to help before the Richloam rally either and the weekend after Richloam I'm booked getting my new toy out of Macon.

Anyhow, my offer still stands. If someone can bring it down to the Florida border I can help get it down towards the owner (I would be driving empty to get it and I'll be wasting enough fuel as it is just getting to the border, don't even want to think how much fuel would cost round trip if I were to come all the way to Morganton to get it). Speaking of the owner, is he even able to come get it if someone brings it down his way or does he need it dropped off at his door?

Ruppster

Last edited:
A

A/C Cages

I have no on the road vehicles at this time, I took the slow winter time to rebuild and restore all the trucks at once. I have 4 bays full of trucks right now. With that and work running at a all time high I cant get free to drive anywhere even if I had a truck free.
Im in no hurry, All the trucks will be out of service for at least another month or so. Im restoring everything on them. many upgrades too.
Im truing to buy a APC retired from the Chiago police dept and have it shipped down too. If I get that done I can have them stop off and pick up the trailers too.
Ruppster, do you run smaller runs to Atlanta alot? I have many A/C Cages going there. They are small and can be hauled on the side from your larger loads. It can make you some extra cash there.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ruppster, do you run smaller runs to Atlanta alot? I have many A/C Cages going there. They are small and can be hauled on the side from your larger loads. It can make you some extra cash there.
No, I'm not a commercial hauler. The semi truck I have (the one in my avatar) is my play toy. It's a 1974 IHC Transtar with a SC 350 Cummins. Plus a couple of weeks ago I picked up a 1965 drop deck trailer to go with it. The only reason I spoke up on this thread was because you mentioned a message I posted in the transportation section. Since I am making a personal trip to Macon to pick up my next toy and the trailer will be empty going up I posted a message to let SS members know that if they needed something hauled up to GA I might be able to help. I figured if I was going to be wasting a bunch of fuel going up empty I might as well put it to use helping out another member on SS. :) The fuel I would be using to haul the trailer for you would be coming out of my pocket. That's why I was trying to see if someone else could get it part of the way down here and I could take over for the rest. I don't mind spending a few bucks trying to help another SS member out but I'm not rich enough to burn $700 worth of fuel going to northern GA and back. :) Plus since I'm not commercial and don't have apportioned plates or IFTA I would have to shell out even more money for permits from GA so I could drive in the state without getting several hundred bucks in tickets.

Sorry I will be loaded coming down and can't help you out when I go to Macon. If someone were to bring it to the border and you need help with the rest of the trip let me know.

Ruppster

A

A/C Cages

Its ok. It was just an idea.
Like I said, im in no hurry. As for your fuel cost and helping out. I would never let you pay for the fuel to haul something for me, I would pay for it. I wont let anyone do anything for me for free in todays economy. Every penny needs to be accounted for espically for those who have to work for a living. Im retired both from the USMC and NSA. I also have my own company which is very fruitfull in todays nasty economy. The more people steal, the more money I make. I would rather close my company and not have any theives out there but dream on about that ever happening.

I might just have it picked up along with the APC which I bought. Its going to come down on a lowboy and its no where near loaded so I can have the trailers double stacked and brought down. I have the large equipment here at the shop to unload it all too.

This goes for all SS members coming to the FL rally. If you need anything fabricated, welded, or whatever while you are here, call me. I have a complete fabrication shop here and if I cant make it, I know someone who can. I also have a full time deisel mech. on staff here.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for your fuel cost and helping out. I would never let you pay for the fuel to haul something for me, I would pay for it.

That's the trick, you couldn't. Not without getting me in trouble. The Feds see that a compensation and it would take me from being a private person with a big truck to being a fully commercial trucker and I would have to get DOT numbers, inspections, log book, and med card (just to name the basics). Thanks for the offer though.

Just might have to make a trip out to your place when the APC comes in to see it in person. :) Hope all goes well with getting your toys down to your place.

Ruppster

A

A/C Cages

Im collecting more and more toys. Everyone at the shops down there think im gearing up for WWIII. lol
As for paying for fuel, that money just apearing in your pocket without your knowledge isnt taxable. lol
I dont believe in IRS math, where 2+2=1,,,,,, you get the 1 and the IRS keeps the 3.

sterlun

Hey thanks a lot, Ruppster for being so willing to help. I'm always amazed how SS members reach out to each other when they've never really met. You're awesome.

I'm with A/C Cages though. Even if I brought it to the line, there's no way I'd let you hook to it without me putting some fuel $$ in your pocket. Be hard for them to prove compensation when it's just cash in your wallet. Anyway, we'll get it figured out. My XM818 will be out of the hospital in a week or two I hope.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks