• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thank you paulfarber!

mikey

I want to thank ss member paulfarber for going above and beyond to assist me with my recovery of two deuces from Mechanicsburg. As a newb with no experience and nothing more than the TM's, this website and a set of tools, I would not have been able to recover these vehicles myself.

I originally turned to shipping companies, but could not find a single company to move two deuces 175 miles. Uship, Eric from Hotshots, brokers local to Mechanicsburg all said they couldn't help. Between time spent searching for shippers and bad weather causing a few base closures, I was running out of time. With just a few days to spare paulfarber came to the rescue.

Paul (orange hat) met me yesterday morning and helped me get both trucks running. We then drove the trucks back to his house, 75 miles, where his father kindly gave us a ride back to our cars. One truck ruptured a coolant hose 20 miles into the trip and with Paul's experience we were able to stop at a truck stop and get it patched up to complete the trip. Overall, it was a 13 hour day with a few pitfalls. It was cold, wet and uncomfortable to say the least.

When I was originally considering buying a deuce it was SteelSoldiers.com that sealed the deal. I found a community where people with a common interest worked together and contributed to help each other. I knew I would come to rely on this community, but I did not think it would be so soon.

It is members like paulfarber who set an example of what makes this hobby possible, as well as enjoyable. The act of selflessly dedicating your time and effort to help an inexperienced fellow member and impart some of their knowledge and experience on him so that hopefully he can some day do the same is what enables this community to expand and continue.

Paul, thank you to both you and your father. I owe you deeply.

Mikey

Attachments

paulfarber

Those picture do no do justice to the 8 inches of ice water under the trucks. Its amazing how well you can tolerate the cold once hypothermia set in.

Michael at the Mechanicsburg lot was TRULY a GREAT guy.

He pulled out the truck about 10 feet so we could PM the truck without laying in a massive pool of ice cold water. He also helped start it with a shot of ether.

Even the gate guard was nice enough to let us back on base to get mikeys truck after we drove the 2 deuces out. GL was closed so technically we should not have been allowed back on base.

I don't know about the other lots but GL at Mechanicsburg is a great group of people.

Even the two ladies at the Mananda Hill (IIRC) exit truck stop were great as we refilled the radiator (and bought just about all of the antifreeze they had).

mikey is a great guy and we worked well together (although I had little faith in that repair tape) mikey soldiered on fixed the leak.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
paulfarber doesn't look anything like his avatar:shock:!!!

Glad you got the trucks recovered with minimal trouble mikey. Good luck and enjoy.

mikey

Those picture do no do justice to the 8 inches of ice water under the trucks. Its amazing how well you can tolerate the cold once hypothermia set in.

Michael at the Mechanicsburg lot was TRULY a GREAT guy.

He pulled out the truck about 10 feet so we could PM the truck without laying in a massive pool of ice cold water. He also helped start it with a shot of ether.

Even the gate guard was nice enough to let us back on base to get mikeys truck after we drove the 2 deuces out. GL was closed so technically we should not have been allowed back on base.

I don't know about the other lots but GL at Mechanicsburg is a great group of people.

Even the two ladies at the Mananda Hill (IIRC) exit truck stop were great as we refilled the radiator (and bought just about all of the antifreeze they had).

mikey is a great guy and we worked well together (although I had little faith in that repair tape) mikey soldiered on fixed the leak.
I don't think fixing the leak was soldiering on, but thanks. Driving the truck with no top or heat and with a few inches of snow on the seats and floor was soldiering on. When we started to get snow flurries up by exit 115 I knew I was crazy. My legs didn't thaw out until after lunch today.

paulfarber doesn't look anything like his avatar:shock:!!!

Glad you got the trucks recovered with minimal trouble mikey. Good luck and enjoy.
Thank you! And yes I was a bit disappointed about how much he has changed since the picture in his avatar, but let's face it, I'm no Brad Pitt either...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that looks cold.

Much thanks for the member assist PF.

Great writeup.

sellbooze

Those pics make me glad that I live in Florida !!
There are truly some good people on SS , Looks like your buddy Paul is one of them.
Congrats on your new toys !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks