• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mutt M416 trailers

poof

Dirty Hippie
I am restoring one. and need a picture of how the trailer cord is hooked to trailer as it comes out of the box.. also.. this is a 1966 trailer(m416)im working on.. not a mity mite trailer like pictured... but i used it for example.. Is an M416 suposed to have the black out marker light just like in the picture?
any one have an extra small data plate around they want to part with...?
black out marker?
Thanks
J.P.

Attachments

txdodge43man

Yes the early M416 trailers had the black out light just like the M416B which you have pictured and also like the M100. Most M416 were updated to the the full size composit lights like on the M151a2. Are you talking about the trailer plug wires on the frame rail that are covered by a cover plate"box"?

poof

Dirty Hippie
Well from pictures i have been sent.. this is what i came up with for my trailer.
do I have the spring on the power cord in the correct location, or dose it go on the plug end?

I managed to get the pintle off too this trip out side..I will clean it up a bit and install in top hole..
the data plate missing is the small one that is located foward on rail passenger side..
next I will have to work on getting the lens covers off the tail lights.. they are metal ones and the screws are being stuborn..
they are doing the penitrating oil thing now..
Thanks again.
J.P.

Attachments

txdodge43man

The spring goes behind the main trailer plug but they never seem to stay there. A little trick is to go to Lowe's and by a small propane torch the kind that screws on a camp stove propane bottle. and heat the part of the tail light wear the threads of the bolt are. Only do this on the metal tail light. Ive had stubborn screw on lights I usually brake the bolts off but the heat ex spans the metal and loosens the screw.

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Poof would you mind adding to this post a few pictures of the brake handle and mechanism? I'm presently restifying an M416 of my own and I'm missing some parts.

Or anyone who has an M416 please post some pics for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks