• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915a1 gets a paint job

M920

Looks really nice...but it looks domesticated, doesn't have the wild "just try to stop me from dragging stuff across the desert" look anymore.
Funny...."Domesticated" was the first word that popped in to my head....lol :beer:
Wow.....this truck really looks brand new....they did a very nice job fixing it up!

But wait....is that a PETERBUILT emblem on the grill though.... :roll:

Many thanks for the pics.....what is he going to haul with it?

Soni

reb87

If I paint any of my trucks they will be green though a flat black might look nice... He is a farmer and uses the m915a1 trucks for bringing in the corn/soybeans and keeps his new petes for hauling on better roads...

M920

Well, it is nice to see that he takes great pride in his equipment! That is just not that common anymore these days.....My neighbor for example has a construction business and he bought a brand new CAT loader last spring. I just saw it again the other day and it already looks like it has been beat up in a underground mine for the last twenty years!!! WHAT A SHAME....!!!

Soni

Bighurt

Paint job is great, not my cup o tee. I much rather have a camo pattern, or for my truck, I plan to stick with Tan.

I like Pete's but I wouldn't have put the emblem on there. I wouldn't put a Cat emblem on my ford, but there are people who do...

Thanks for sharing Ross.

Just Curious what color was it to start with? With the severness of my addiction I'd of left it
or repainted in camo, sand, or possibly just 383 green! Its still a sharp looking truck civialianized!

cornrichard

That is a nice repaint! As a farmer myself I can tell you that in 20 years that truck will most likely still be on the road. I am transitioning from single axle dump trucks to 915a1s on my own farm. My last two trucks were bought new by my father in 1975 and 76. They are still in great shape, we have just outgrow them. If you want to have something preserved for the future, a limited use, good maintenance situation is the best. Two gallons of paint someday could put that truck right back where it was when new. In the mean time it will be used enough to keep the brakes bearings and seals in good shape. I would think this application should keep the purists and the modifiers both happy. Tell your neighbor to keep up the good work. Thanks and great pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks