• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinz's in the Pacific NW

hwcurtice

So how many would you saw are actually in the State of washington? I know of at least 5, at the moment.

Why do I ask? Becuase I saw a Craigslist ad that mentioned that the guy has the only one in the state...

Ultimate 4x4 Rare for WA

Actual wording is: "This is the only one of it's kind in Washington"

My chiropractor has one. There's one in Monroe. I have a really nice picture of a white 6x6 up on Stevens Pass, and the guy that's done mods to my Dakota did some work on one recently

I don't think that makes them that rare, so how many are there?

BTW, if this is your's, no offense meant. I happen to think they are really neat vehicles. Before I actually saw one is person, I couldn't belleive how small they were. And how useful they can be. Wish they weren't so pricey.

kurtkds

Not sure how many there are, but me and the wife saw that one driving around town a while back. She really wanted it until I showed her the price on CL. rofl

srodocker

Yea i've seen that one driving around as well. i thought it would be neat to have one then i saw the price yikes. theres a 6x6 one in lacey which my gf saw one day and called me and she said "Scotty theres a deuce looking truck but its just really small" she meant deuce because its 6x6 and military. that was when i first started looking at deuces now she can name a cpl trucks and the difference between soem of em

hwcurtice

Let's just say, because they have to be over 20 years old to be imported to the US, they are unique to US Soil. Finding any is rare.

The one I saw in Monroe, the lady was using as a farm vehicle, and looked it.

The picture of the one at the pass looked like someone's weekend RV.

I've seen some pretty tricked out ones, and some that needs to be scrapped, just like some Deuces.

Just like I saw a really nice HEMMT this past weekend, and I'll bet there are some really trashed ones, not battle damaged, ones as well.

Finding parts is almost impossible...

Last edited:

B3.3T

He is probably referring to the fact that it is a 710K model, which is a hardtop, and indeed is much more rare than the 710M. In that regard, he might be correct. 710k do bring more money but in this market I think he is not being very realistic.

hwcurtice

He is probably referring to the fact that it is a 710K model, which is a hardtop, and indeed is much more rare than the 710M. In that regard, he might be correct. 710k do bring more money but in this market I think he is not being very realistic.

That's why I posted it here, because people that know them would know more about them.

I just think they're a neat little vehicle that seem to do real good at what they do. I'm partial to the 6x6 model, with the diesel engine. This one has a gas engine... :-/

Stalwart

I've seen some pretty tricked out ones, and some that needs to be scrapped, just like some Deuces.

Just like I saw a really nice HEMMT this past weekend, and I'll bet there are some really trashed ones, not battle damaged, ones as well.

Finding parts is almost impossible...
That HEMTT you saw started out as a total piece of crap, it was Damon's hard work and throwing $40-50,000 at it made it the vehicle it is. The only major original parts are the engine, transfer case, axles and frame. Most of the rest was either made from drawings or sourced used, refurbished and installed.

hwcurtice

That HEMTT you saw started out as a total piece of crap, it was Damon's hard work and throwing $40-50,000 at it made it the vehicle it is. The only major original parts are the engine, transfer case, axles and frame. Most of the rest was either made from drawings or sourced used, refurbished and installed.

But now it's something you're proud of, right? I heard the story of how it was pretty much built from the rims up.

But that's what I'm talking about. Some people beat the crap out of their stuff , and it shows, and some people treat their equipment with pride, and it shows as well.

I'm still surprised you don't have to wipe drool off that every time you take it out....

Stalwart

:drool: Most of the drool is mine! I saw it on eBay about 4 years back and I couldn't believe that is the same truck. I showed the auction to Jane and told her it was my "dream truck", but it was just too far gone for me. Fast forward 3 years and Damon drove it to my house. There is a lot of work left to do, but it gets a little better every year. Mainly wiring new curcuit breakers and making a 12V buss for the FLIR, remote spotlight and other stuff left to do. A needle scaling of the axles and suspension is still being considered. I still consult with the prior owner to "bless" my upgrades.

Josh

My neighbors son in law has a Pinz. Cept its down here in Portland. I know where are are 3 4x4 ones, and 2 6x6 ones. Redbull owns one of the 6x6s and a local volkswagon repair shop is the only one who would work on em. That redbull one is at the shop at least once every 2-3 months.

Stalwart

I don't know about working on them, but they couldn't be any worse than my British stuff. I do admit I think they are REALLY cool little vehicles! I think I'd have to stick to a Diesel model though.

hwcurtice

:drool: Most of the drool is mine! I saw it on eBay about 4 years back and I couldn't believe that is the same truck. I showed the auction to Jane and told her it was my "dream truck", but it was just too far gone for me. Fast forward 3 years and Damon drove it to my house. There is a lot of work left to do, but it gets a little better every year. Mainly wiring new curcuit breakers and making a 12V buss for the FLIR, remote spotlight and other stuff left to do. A needle scaling of the axles and suspension is still being considered. I still consult with the prior owner to "bless" my upgrades.
Um, how far did he have to drive it?

Stalwart

Arlington, WA to Redmond, WA., about 50 miles I guess. He wanted to deliver it, so I let him. The other person in a boched eBay auction, wanted to make it into a civilian off road wrecker. This truck was almost lost to the MV hobby!

krick3tt

Pinzgauers in the PNW

Wow...I can't believe the price that guy wants for his pinz. Oh, and by the way they are not that rare. Maybe there are a few less K's than M's but they are both the same vehicle except for the top.
Check this site for some availability Swiss Army Vehicles - Vehicles A nice one can be had for under 12k.
When I left the PNW for Denver there were 5 that I knew of. I was number 6.
The 6x version is the same engine as the 4x just one more axle and that does make them a bit more stable off road but I really like my 710M. They have to be 25 years old to get into the US, 15 for Canada.
Probably won't be any diesels for awhile but they might be worth the wait. The gassers are air cooled, the diesel is not.

Cheers

710M
M416A1 trailer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks