• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Rally in Atlanta, Ga. Sep. 15-17

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Taken directly from the Ga. MVPA's website:

The Georgia MVPA has a new venue on the southside of Atlanta. As a Grand Opening gesture, we are waiving registration fees for Historic Military Vehicles. This decision was made at our August 19, 2006 club meeting and supercedes the fee schedules previously released.

The details are:

September 15 – 17, 2006: The GA MVPA Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet will be at the Dixie Wing of the Commemorative Air Force Facility on Falcon Drive at Falcon Air Field, Peachtree City, GA: Swap meet, vehicle displays, concessions on site. No live guns or ammunition, please. Contact: Coy Short; (770) 428-0222; coyshort@bellsouth.net or write: GA MVPA, PO Box 464206, Lawrenceville, GA 30042.

Directions from Atlanta:
Take I-85 south from I-285. Turn left at exit 61 (Hwy 74). Continue on Hwy 74 for about 12 miles to TDK Blvd. Turn right on TDK Blvd. Go straight until you come to a four way stop at Dividend Drive. Turn left on Dividend Drive. Go about 1/2 mile and take the 3rd right, which is Falcon Drive. Look for the GA MVPA signs.

Directions from Macon:
Take I-75 north to exit 205 (Hwy 16). Turn left and travel about 28 miles. Turn right on Hwy 74/85. Go about 3 miles and bear left on Hwy 74 at fork in road. Go about 4 miles on Hwy 74 and turn left on Dividend Drive. Continue about 1/2 mile to Falcon Drive. Take a left on Falcon Drive and look for the GA MVPA signs.

Fees:
Historic Military Vehicles FREE!!, includes camping or RV space.

Outdoor swap meet/vendor spaces $20 each, includes camping or RV space.

Camping or RV space only, $20.

Admission is free to the general public.

Here is the website for the airport:

http://www.kffc.org/

I am going to go Saturday and taking my truck, anyone else going?

And some maps:

Attachments

rgregj

Hey guys, I may be going, depends on weather and work. I may have a couple of seats free in the plane for the ride down if anyones interested.

Greg

Towman2277

Well, I'm definitely going! That only gives me a few weeks to get my truck painted and install the drawtight for my travel trailer, but I will be leaving Mobile, Alabama heading that way @50 mph, so if anyone wants to ride, bring your earplugs too!! Steve

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be a good show at the new site. I will be there with at least one vehicle. For all those intrested you can join the GGMVPA which caters more toward all MVs regardless or era and for those individuals south of the Atanta belt way but anyone is welcome. The GGMVPA has a nice rally every spring. We had 40 vehicles last year for our second show.

Chuck H

I'll try to get up there. Looks to be about a 2 hour drive, if that. I can hit 74 a few miles from the house here and make it a nice scenic ride. Just hope too many folks don't laugh at the white truck. Hopefully will have my 12v conversion done by then too.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve

I'm in warner robins Ga. Was not aware of any mv guys so close. You are more than welcome in the GGMVPA. I have some CUCV stuf if you are interested.

Chuck H

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have big show every April at the Museum of Aviation. My number is 808-8547 Give me a call or stop by we can talk mvs.

Chuck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just a reminder that the show is a week from today.

If anyone has questions about how to get there (if the maps don't make sense, etc) you can PM me.

It's lookin like the wife might have to work, if that's the case I won't be able to make it. :cry:

We'll know tomorrow or Monday for sure, she's been asking for a week for someone to switch shifts and noone has spoken up yet. If that turns out to be a wash we'll check into some alternate transportation for her.

All kinda up in the air now but if we do go we'd be leavin here around 9 or 10 Saturday mornin.

And no, calling in is not an option. I got the evil stare of doom when I mentioned it :)

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,
We are heading down on Friday morning after the morning rush. Will be coming coming out of Marietta. We will have at least Squirt-Truck, with trailer and other trucks and such in tow, Dumpster from Jasper plans to drive the M51 and meet with us for the ride. If we can all get together and convoy that would be great then running at 45 MPH with that much green iron we will be the threat on the highway.

At any rate, hope to see yall there, let us pray for good weather.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Even though I am MV less at this time :( I am planning on attending. I have to fly to Chicago Thursday to meet with some WWII veterans from the 87th Infantry Division Association. 8) My presentaion is Friday and I hope to catch the redyeye back Fri. night and make it Saturday morning. Looking forward to making some new friends there. :)

alphadeltaromeo

wrecker...i see in your avatar the nice cam..would be great to get some good vid clips of the event for posting on SS...just a thought :) i'll bring my digi cam that has vid capability too, although probs not 1/2 as good - Andy

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone interested in making a group run. We are mustering at the LOWES on Highway 120 (Dallas Highway) at Barrett Parkway at 09:30, Friday morning. We will take a leisurely ride to Peachtree City. All are welcome to participate, green iron not required.

We will be mustering at the West end of the parking lot.

Regards,
Squirt_Truck

Hope to see a good group, that way we can really get the publics attention for the event.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks