• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wvo in diesel gennies, anyone?

Adamlee

Are any of you guys going the extra step, and running wvo or bio-blend in your diesel gensets?

Get a decent sized bio/wvo processing setup in a garage or barn, and it would really pay off for all the diesel-powered equipment on a farm or self-sufficent homestead.

All the stuff you use on a farm could be "fed" by renewable veggie-based blends or straight oils....

1. tractors, dozers, mowers
2. gennies, pumps, log splitters
3. cars & trucks, big and small

But here's a coupla gas powered things seem to me hard to swap....

1. chainsaws
2. weedeaters, backpack blowers
3. smaller water pumps, well pump motors

anyhow, just planning now for what I'd like to try doing once I hit the llottery and can buy my own land...and buy a herd of goats..... :lol:

houdel

RE: none

Forget the WVO, too much effort to convert unless you live in a semi-tropical climate, which WVA is NOT!. Learn to make biodiesel, seasonally adjust by mixing #2D or #1D depending on ambient temperature, and run that genset, tractor or dozer/car/truck or whatever just like it was running on straight #2 diesel!

Gas powered stuff, forget it!

forrestkk

Re: RE: none

houdel said:
Forget the WVO, too much effort to convert unless you live in a semi-tropical climate, which WVA is NOT!. Learn to make biodiesel, seasonally adjust by mixing #2D or #1D depending on ambient temperature, and run that genset, tractor or dozer/car/truck or whatever just like it was running on straight #2 diesel!

Gas powered stuff, forget it!
I agree, not to many answers for the gas powered stuff, but WVO is not that hard to convert even if you live in Canada. You can easily run 100% SVO with a few mods. We converted a rice farm in CA and during the summer he saves nearly 5k a week. We converted 3 case pump motors (burn nearly 500 gal p/day) and a John Deere 8640. He gets rendered oil @ about .98 p/gal, has a 10K stoarge tank, WVO powered water heater to keep the 10K tank hot, a 4 ft tall filter (1 micron!!), and an old ass gas pump. His pump motors run 24/7 during the growing to keep the fields flooded. FOr him it was a good investment. You can get really crazy and capture the exhaust heat and put it into water for heating....shoot they even make waste oil a/c units.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks