• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 MUTT wire conversion Questions

Madfarmersson

Hey,

I am having trouble converting my M151A2 wire harness to work with an early m151. Does anybody know the wire numbers that I need for the rear tail lights? I am also having guage problems, the only guage that works is the voltage guage. Does anybody know what the troubles could be?

Madfarmersson.:confused:

nattieleather

The wire numbers are basically the same on the rear the only thing is you don't have all the wires on each side. 22 is the brake light so for the left drivers side so you would use 22-461 and the tail light is 21 (I think...no manual in front of me). On the right side (you said early M151 so I'm going with just one brake light on the left and the black out brake light on the right) You would have 23 and 24. 23 would also be on the drivers side. Also you need to add the in the tank fuel pump to the rear harness as the M151A2 doesn't have that.

Not sure on the Gauges... Make sure your gauge panel is grounded. On M151A2 they added a ground wire for that reason so make sure you have a good body ground on the guages and the gauge pannel.

Madfarmersson

Hey thanks,
That is just what I needed to know. The gauges appear to be all hooked up, but I did not hook them up myself, the previous owner did so. It is most likely that he did not ground it. My m151 has a A2 fuel pump and I might just stick with that for now.

Thanks again,
Madfarmersson.:jumpin:

dinhchua

I'm looking for manual for: The truck is 24v system and I have two 12v batteries connected in series for it. Tks for your information!

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
dinhchua, please list your location, hcm could mean Harrys Chicken Market or a few other things my sick mind can come up with ??????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks